Window Shopping

K-Phat

Today I took my TJ to the dealership for a State Inspection and while I was waiting for it to be completed I took the oprotunity to check out the newest TJs. They had two black 04 Rubi's and they where super sweet. They also had a couple of Sports an 03 SE and a Shara or two. The thing is I got a good look at the new side mirrors that they are putting on the wranglers now and I gotta say they are ugly. The older style mirror that is on the YJs and earlier TJs is so much sleeker. The newer ones are all fat and deformed looking. Still it is a minor thing and I would never turn down a new Rubi. Anyway just rip the doors off and be done with any kind of mirror right :lol:

ps They also sell Chryslers at my dealer and they had one of those new Crossfires in the showroom (next to one of the Rubi's :) ) and I must say that it is a bad ass little car :!:

Yeah,them crossfires boast a beafy V6.Still,it is a chrysler,not a viper.

Yeah look at the mitsu eclipse the eagle talon (I still have my 90 TSI) and the Plymouth Laser. Or the 3000GT and the Dodge shadow. I think there was even one more....... It is the DSM (Dimond Star Motors) union.

the look may not be stunning but it appears that the new mirrors are designed to be flake free. just like the roof rack with the same outcome, the por-15 and uv resistor peeled plum off my mirrors...

Mitsu has been in bed with Crysler for a while (which is now owned by Diemler (Mercedes Benz). The early 80's Dodge D-50 and I think it was the Raider was the start of it. If you look at most of the car lines there are really only 5 major ones. The rest are owned by one of those 5. Ford, GM, Diemler/chrysler, honda, and Toyota

Mitsu and Jeep/Chrysler have been in cahoots for fifteen years or more. I was recently lookin in the motor bay, of a Mistu and then two cars down the line, the motor in a Voyager (3 liter). I walked back and forth a few times and came to the conclusion, that it´s the same motor or a clone.
It´s all Daimler/Chrysler now. Daimler has it´s good points, they stock every part ever made. They have there bad points, they don´t licsence out there patents. And don´t tolerate competetion.

Back