Will this work?

Sully

My friend just bought an 02' X with an auto transmission. He just took it to the shop to get the lift and tires put on. Hes geting about a 6 inch lift and some 33 to 35 inch tires. Hes gonna be running stock gears and stock axals. My question is, will the gears and the axals be compatable with the large tires? Talk to you all later.
image-missing.png
Sully [addsig]

they'll work... but it won't have any power. plus it'll probably snap with the big tires and weak axles.

you can put 33's on with 3" of lift... why the 6"???[addsig]

Gears might need to be changed. On the diffs what rear diff does he have this will make a big difference.[addsig]

The X is only available with the D35 rear axle, have to get a Sport to get the stronger D44
image-missing.png

Since it's an auto, probably have 3.55 or 3.73 axle gears which will be doable with 33" tires, but performance will suffer. Your friend will be riding the brakes a LOT offroad to keep the crawl speed slow. Performance onroad and off will really suffer with 35" tires.

Regearing to 4.11 would be ideal, to bring things back near stock performance. 4.56 axle gears will be an improvement over stock, better offroad but higher rpms on the highway and worse mileage.[addsig]

I tryed to change the title and it double posted on me.My friend knows nothing about jeeps,he thinks he knows all.Well,we will see what happens next.I think he should have gone for the 33s on a 4 inch lift myself,but knowing this guy its gotta be a big jeep. Talk to you all later.
image-missing.png
Sully[addsig]

Back