Will the tires and rims off a 2005 Rubicon fit my on my 95?

SWFL

Hello, new to this board and have been lurking the last few days. This place is awesome. I am a brand new Jeep owner and love my 95 Wrangler S, even with the 2.5l. I have a chance to buy a set of rims and tires off a 05 Rubicon. I have read the many posts regarding the sizing differentials. It is really somewhat confusioning to a newbie like me. I have looked online at numerous rim shops and there is no clear direction regarding the true size of my rims set. I know it is a 5 lug set and the rest is somewhat confusing. I want ot upgrade my rims to 16" and go with the mt/r tire and I am thinking the 245 r75 16 look killer. Any help on the rim questions would be awesome. Size dimensions for ordering would be helpfull too.Thanks again...

RE: Engine won

The lug pattern of your jeep is 5x4.5", same lug pattern as the Rubicon. They will bolt on.

They'll be a real tight fit with no lift, you'll need about 2" minimum to clear them properly.

Welcome to jeepz, from another proud '95 2.5L HO owner.

RE: Will the tires and rims off a 2005 Rubicon fit my on my

Thanks for the information. I do not want to put a lift kit on yet. What would be the size tire and rim combo(biggest with no rubbing problems) that you would reccommend? Also what is back spacing I noticed on Summit Racing site they ask for the back spacing size. What is the actual dimension of the stock rims on our 95's? Any help would, once again be greatly appreciated...Thanks

RE: lower control arms

Our rims are 15x7, not sure on backspacing but I think it's around 4.75" or more.

Biggest you can fit on a stock YJ are 235/75R15 to keep from rubbing. Those will fit on your 15x7 rims just fine.

I know several methods for inexpensive lifts in small increments, let me know if you're interested.

If it is going to be a trail jeep, then you might want to consider 15" rims. Backspacing is the distance from the mounting surface of the rim to side of the rim closest to the jeep. Less backspacing=tires stick out farther. I wouldn't worry about differential gearing if you are only going with a 235 or 245 tire.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: St. Louis pursuit

Bounty__Hunter said:
Our rims are 15x7, not sure on backspacing but I think it's around 4.75" or more.

Biggest you can fit on a stock YJ are 235/75R15 to keep from rubbing. Those will fit on your 15x7 rims just fine.

But, the wheels from the Rubi are 16s, right? I say just keep the tires on the wheels from the Rubi and go play.

You can put them on, 1/2 lift shackles and trim the flares a little and should fit quite well, only slight rub on front is full flex with out sway bar!

There are a set of rubi wheels and tires that get passed around like a joint with my off roading friends!

Back