White & Stinkcheeseman broken arm

stinkycheeseman

What an adventure! Tom and I were at Paragon (no surprise) on a monthly ride with modified rigs(G class). Tom was driving and I was his co-pilot. The day started off with a bang of a yj's universal on Valley! A rig built to the hilt was wedged and of course Tom and I built him a road from boulders as 15 other riders (all jeepers) watched us. I'm a jeep guy (own 2) but the lack of that group was amazing! Then Tom and I were asked to lead the broke yj out of the park. We even tried to find him parts but no luck! We made our way back to the group and the fun began.

It was an awesome day! We went through some new trails that made Rock Swap look like a pebble beach! Of course we helped out people in our group when we could even if they would do the same (that strikes a nerve). As we came to the end of the new trail the geometry of the rocks was to much for the top control arm (if you know Tom it's all about the angles)! Tom managed to find level ground to start the repair. Like a race team we got the tire off and had the welder out for the repair. Tom put a sweat bead on the upper control arm as I held the rpms , and in less than 30 minutes we were ready for another round!

We both buckled up for the ride home. I can't say it enough, "It was an awesome day!"Here are the pics of the weld and of the new control arm. :D
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287263787

LOL, I love hearing stories from you guys! You are ALWAYS a help at Paragon, I wouldn't want to go with out you two. :wink:

I think everywhere is a paragon down there. You should start smuggling mexicans to support your 4wheeling habbit :)

Selecting a GPS

White said:
I think everywhere is a paragon down there. You should start smuggling mexicans to support your 4wheeling habbit :)

There is a LOT of open space... but no trees, and very little water. UGH. It's hard to wheel out here in the summer.

Yeah smuggling would do it, but they might not let me back across. Hee hee. :wink:
Actually, there is a lot of 4 wheeling in Mexico. They have some world renown trails down there. People come from all around the world to wheel around copper canyon.

nice fix, white are there any tools that you dont bring with you when you go to paragon? hehe, you could probably build a jeep out there, err...a chevy :lol:

Re: My jeep has a new friend

Breaker bar, he doesn't carry a breaker bar!!

jps4jeep said:

yea, but i do..& a shovel, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, complete tool set, assorted zip ties, rope, flashlights, recovery strap, hi-lift, portable air compressor, rags, wd-40, hacksaw, duct tape, (small) sledge hammer, and more stuff i can't remember off the top of my head...

ChuginSudz said:
jps4jeep said:

yea, but i do..& a shovel, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, complete tool set, assorted zip ties, rope, flashlights, recovery strap, hi-lift, portable air compressor, rags, wd-40, hacksaw, duct tape, (small) sledge hammer, and more stuff i can't remember off the top of my head...
with all that equipment how do you fit the groceries? :lol:

stinkycheeseman said:
The day started off with a bang of a yj's universal on Valley!

2 wheel drive rated trail.?

A rig built to the hilt was wedged and of course Tom and I built him a road from boulders as 15 other riders (all jeepers) watched us.I'm a jeep guy (own 2) but the lack of that group was amazing!

that bites

(if you know Tom it's all about the angles)! Tom managed to find level ground to start the repair. Like a race team we got the tire off and had the welder out for the repair. - , and in less than 30 minutes we were ready for another round!

you guys are animals

frankiefire702 said:
ChuginSudz said:
jps4jeep said:

with all that equipment how do you fit the groceries? :lol:

the unoccupied seats.. 8)

jps4jeep said:

Must be the yoke thing... Now I carry a 485 ft lbs Impact Gun ...

Back