Which soft top should I buy?

Bestop supplied Chrysler the original. They are known to be the best.

I've only had Bestop other than the factory style on my CJ's (which are horrible in comparison). Bestops are fairly easly to install and you can get several variations and upgrades with whichever model you go with.

Regardless, shop around, I've seen a couple of suppliers with great deals this time of year.

The Bestop Sailcloth replace a top is probably the best and most like the factory original. I have one and love it. But Bestop has other levels of top as well.

softopper makes a nice one also. i have never had a factory soft top on a two door to compare this to but it is very well made and nice looking

Bestop, hands down. I've had mine now 7 years and it looks the same the day I put it on, no fading in the desert heat, all the huge Zytel zippers and fasteners work perfectly, all the window combinations come off and on with ease, stays taught in hot or cold, rail fold to body is extremely clever, yet comes off so easy it literally undoes itself once you slide the keepers to 'slack mode'.

After nearly 50 years of Jeeps, this is the best soft top. Funny too, 39 years ago I had a Bestop when they were first in business and in the Jeep world, it was the worst top ever made along with Kayline, Sears, J. C Whitney. Then, the top top of all time was the awesome Whitco soft top for the 5-- so rocked. But nothing like the modern Bestop of today....

Robert

Back