Which lift to choose for a '99 Tj

gallawaycl

If any one has any information on the best lift kit, could you please give me the run down? I see all kinds of lift kits out there, which is the best, has the best ride, lasts longest, and for a good price? I'm looking on putting my Tj up about 2.5".[addsig]

I've been impressed with 2 things. first was a daystar puck lift run with RS5000 long travel shocks and quick disconnects. The lift in the end parts ran about $420.00. The ride was a little lose but in the end was not to bad. By far until recently the best even over Skyjacker. The new thing that I'm impressed with is the BDS 3" TJ lift. The ride is better than factory. The flex is unbelievable and the cost was geat. By far the most complete kit that I've seen. It came with the disconnects for the sway bar and the transmission drop, all of the correction brackets and new coils all the way around. Were selling them out of our shop for about a hundred dollars more tha the daystar set up but I have less vibration and a better ride. for more information email me. I can ship these kits anywhere in the US.
image-missing.png

darrin@eastcoastoffroad.com[addsig]

That's the first time I've heard of any lift kit riding better than factory.

This guy's telling us true right ?

This ain't just a saleman talking is it ?

Every lift kit has always aquired lift the same way. Stiffer springs. I can't tell you how many times I have heard jeepers bellyache about the nice lift, but, the ride went straight to hell. Rides like a stone now they whine.

Geez...imagine that.

The Jeep engineers have worked hard and long creating a suspension which rides nice and has as much articulation (wheel travel) as they can build into it.

What I would do is install a 2" body lift ($80) and leave the factory suspension alone.

That will fit 32's under the TJ. Most normal people don't need any more than that.

If you can find a guy with a BDS system. Ask to test it and if you agree it is better than factory, BUY IT!

What did he say ? $100 over $420 ?

Not bad. Alot of TJ kits going for $1,000.00+

[addsig]

actually reading it over IT did sound like a sales pitch which is not what I ment it to be. The BDS kit by far is the best kit I've had in my Jeep. I've had Skyjacker, Rancho, Daystar and now BDS in my TJ. Owning a shop I like to test different susp. out so I can talk to our customers about them. In the days of leaf springs yes the ride did change dramatically as you went up in the air but with coils you can keep the compression about the same and add more loops to the spring to make it taller. Therefore the does not have to be sacraficied for the lift. I have customers with Teraflex kits that can't believe how the trucks ride even after being lifted. Suspension has changed alot since '77. and as for body lifts, sure there cheap but most people I know don't like the way they look above 1" if at all. it makes your truck body look separated from the rest of the vehicle. chances are it will also be installed by someone else and most shops up here charge more to but in a body lift then they do for suspension.[addsig]

Back