where can I find...

Joopin

Super Moderator
... a two inch reciever? I'm gonna start making a rear bumper/tire carrier and i need a 2" reciever to weld in the middle of it. Can I get this sort of thing at NAPA or something? There's nothing in Quadratec I can use... a point in a general direction could save me some driving.

can ya just get some 2" square tubing cut it down and weld that onto what ya need? drill a hole in the side for your pin? or does it needs to be rated or somthing like that?

can ya just get some 2" square tubing cut it down and weld that onto what ya need? drill a hole in the side for your pin? or does it needs to be rated or somthing like that?

Most machine/fab/metal work shops would have some thick walled tubing in the scrap pile they'd give you for cheap (or even free).

Make sure you weld it through the bumber and not just on the front.

wrangler center console in Gray

I'll go buy one before I fab one, I dont' have that kind of time on my hands!

Reese makes a bolt on 2" receiver available at Wal Mart or maybe Autozone. You can weld it on if you prefer. It has chain hooks and everything.
You would get better clearance by making one out of 2" tubing and notching the bumper for it and welding it in there. That's the way I did mine. It's flush mounted and only an inch and a half or so sticks out from the bumper so that I can get the pin in there. I only use it to carry my hitch haul rack.

have you tried a tractor/truck supply shop.
we've got a few trailer hitch shops around here too. they might carry something.

I was going to suggest the same thing red said. Walmart has a couple of versions. I think there's only one that's rated (3,500 trailer weight/350 tounge weight). I was looking into installing one of those, but I don't have anything to bolt it up to :(

shackle reversal questions

Thats exactly what I was planning on doing... notch out my bumper and weld it in there so it sticks out just enough. I like that it has the chain hooks too, those should come in handy. There just so happens to be a Walmart and an Autozone on the way home from work... I'll stop at both! Thanks guys.

Back