Whatcha think?

Junkpile

Random Jeep Question

I want to make some Jeepz.com emblems to put on my CJ. I'm planning on putting one on each side, on the rocker guard right in front of the rear wheel opening. I'm not sure I like this one :? It's a little too "busy", I'm thinking maybe just a plain rectangle with the website name instead . What do you guys think?

image-missing.png

Sonyimagestation.com!!!!!!!

Hell yeah!!! Make a couple for me, too, while you're at it!!!

Don't know if you've seen the previous posts, but Raven13xxx has some pretty cool lookin' ones already made. Got one on my bumper now! Displayed proudly!

mud4feet said:
Don't know if you've seen the previous posts, but Raven13xxx has some pretty cool lookin' ones already made. Got one on my bumper now! Displayed proudly!

Oh, yeah....I emailed him about those, then forgot all about it!! I need to see if I can find his address again and get some!

pretty neat, i'd like to see some more of them. like somebody mentioned we should look into some shirts or somthing

Those are a great idea. I think I might have to steal your idear, err, make some of my own. Looks good, nice work.

33" vs. 35" Tires

Hey what did u cut that out with ? . I work in a small shop now and all we have is 1 small cnc mill that dosent have cad. So u have to program it at the machine. That would have taken me 4-ever to program.

i like the design you've got.. maybe get rid of the flames and it'd be less busy? just the gear cut out. or maybe you could do a mountain looking thing with jeepz cut into it. kinda like the trail rated logo

I cut it on a laser. It's 16ga 304 SS, #3 polish.

I saw Raven's decals, they look nice. I just want to make my own.

:oops: Now I feel bad.......it's supposed to be a rim and tire, not a gear!! It's hard to get too detailed on a piece of sheetmetal working in only 2d. I had to tab the rim and a couple of letters so they wouldn't fall out after they were cut. It really looks like a gear?
I've got a drawing of the trail rated badge and the grill logo somewhere. I lost most of my Jeep related CAD drawings a couple of years ago in a computer crash. I had made backups, but I can't find them.

jeepguy46176 said:
Hey what did u cut that out with ? . I work in a small shop now and all we have is 1 small cnc mill that dosent have cad. So u have to program it at the machine. That would have taken me 4-ever to program.

I have CAD/CAM software I work at a sheetmetal/machine shop as well. What language does your machine accept and do have a disk drive or a way to recieve a program. I may be able to supply a program. Just supply me with a good pic or even a DWG. looks like it may have been cut by laser or plasma but a mill will do.

Yeah it has a disk drive to take cad, it will read it but my boss is to cheap to get it. It is just me and him and we work with mostly plastic so we dont need it that often but it would be nice to have. I just do conversation prog. and it is an mx2 file

it does look like a tire, ive been cutting wood all day and have saw blades and gears on the mind. as i think about it a gear would probably have longer teeth. sorry bout that

I know the feeling, Jeepmaster!! But I could tell it was a tire when I saw it. Probably because I hadn't been seeing sawblades all day.

Dude, I for one love it. I could tell it was a tire the first time, that is my favorite part, over the flame. The flame is a bit large. I do like the gear type deals too but this one is fantastic. Great Job, I'd buy it. lol

Lady

Looks like a mud tire on a stock Jeep "Gambler" wheel, at least that was my first impression.

Nice work!

I hate to critique it, because opinions are like buttholes (everyone has one), but I think it would look better without the flames.

I could tell it was a tire right off the bad. but maybe instead of flames you should have mud comin off, lol.

LR

I hate to critique it, because opinions are like buttholes (everyone has one), but I think it would look better without the flames.

That's why I posted. I wanted you buttholes' opinions. :lol:

I'm thinking the flames should go too. I'm going to try a couple more designs. Any more ideas from anyone?

Back