what the @#$%

jeep90

drove my friends jeep today, 1994 yj. I couldnt believe how it ran compared to mine. Way more power and pickup than mine. I have the weber carb and it is really giving me a hard time. It is flooding now and when i get on it it dies and backfires in the carb. How do I make it stop flooding? Adjust the fuel/air? Install a fuel pressure reg? to top it all off the four wheel drive doesnt work. where can i hook up the vac for 4x4. someone said on the manifold vac. Where is that? someone please help. help me get my jeep running like she should.
[addsig]

I would also suggest an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. My 82 was flooding out till I put one on. [addsig]

i wish i had the cash for fuel injection.[addsig]

I have a Weber and it runs great. When I first got it it would hesitate and back fire when I romped on it. You just have to find the perfect mixture. It takes a while but it works. I was told to back out the idle speed screw all the way and try and find the sweet spot with the air/fuel mixture screw once you have it idling good with just the mixture screw then you can adjust the speed. I used a Tachometer for this because it was too hard to do by ear.[addsig]

Back