What do u think?

Dawnie

RE: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!

I am not sure if I should look into getting this jeep of mine Lifted?
IF I do how much do you think it would cost the whole package - I am going to try and upload a pic of it now ... if i can figure it out (I did it once b4 just can't get it this time :roll: )

Use the
image-missing.png
tags on either side of the address of the pic.

image-missing.png
[/URL][/img]
Not the best pic but you can semi see the new top too lol .. Sorry I don't have anything better I took this one for a friend (which is why I am in it lol)

Thanks .. do u think it would look nice with a lift on it and bigger tires?
I am trying to find a side shot so I can post that too

image-missing.png
[/URL][/img]
Heres the side pic .. its more of me cause i was sending it to someone LOL but you get the idea ..
I don't pose anymore with out the Jeep being in the pic LOL

Another question since I changed the top to black should I change the bars too - well the covers over the bars.. does anyone take the covers off and leave them off ?

Hey Dawnie. Some people do leave the covers off...I like them on....it's more a matter of personal preference. Same with the colors. Most people have their sport bar covers the same color as the top but there are exceptions. It's your Jeep so customize to your hearts content.

...just so long as you don't make it into one of those bling-bling low rider deals. Then we'd have to come after you. :lol:

Nice Jeep, Dawnie!! First thing I would do (which I did) is ditch those wheels!! If you get stuck in some mud (or even if you don't get stuck) those suckers will hold mud in places where you didn't know there were places!! Got mine stuck with those wheels and couldn't go over 30 mph all the way home (lots of mud - lots and lots of shakin'!!!!).

As far as the lift goes, sure....they ALL look good lifted up! But are you lifting to run bigger meats? Is it a 4banger or the I-6? Bigger meats require a little lift, but if you're runnin' a 4banger, then gears come into play, too. My $.02

You can go either way with the rollbar pads... I'd remove them if they don't match personally. Replacements are a little pricey but the bestop ones are thicker and look nicer than the stock pads.

As for lifting, what size tire are you wanting? To run 31" tires you'll need a small lift. If you go that route the tires will most likely be the most expensive item. Lots of options but you need to decide how large of a tire you want to start with.

to give you an example, here's a YJ with 31's and 2.5" of lift next to my XJ:
2Gr-1.jpg

TwistedCopper said:
You can go either way with the rollbar pads... I'd remove them if they don't match personally. Replacements are a little pricey but the bestop ones are thicker and look nicer than the stock pads.

As for lifting, what size tire are you wanting? To run 31" tires you'll need a small lift. If you go that route the tires will most likely be the most expensive item. Lots of options but you need to decide how large of a tire you want to start with.

to give you an example, here's a YJ with 31's and 2.5" of lift next to my XJ:
2Gr-1.jpg
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I like yours !
I want it like that THAT would be perfect !!!
my Parents live in the poconos so it would be interesting to take it into the woods and see what happens LOL
How much did that cost you I cant do it myself thats for sure ..

RE: Jeep top

Thanks Mingez... just ordered some junk for it and it'll look alot better soon ;)

31" tires can be bought from anywhere between $80 each to $200 each depending what you want. I'd go with around 2" of lift to clear them. This could be done several ways, a suspension lift (new springs) being the best and most expensive way. A decent Suspension lift will run anywhere from $400 on up. There are less expensive ways, an "add-a-leaf" kit, shackle lift, body lift... some of these can be done for around or under $100 but depending which way you go they may comprimise looks, ride comfort, or even affect steering if not done properly.

Any idea of a target budget? Do you plan on doing any offroading, and if so... what type (trails, mudholes, rocks)?

Lots of options out there, what route you should take depends mostly on how much you're willing to spend and what you want to use it for.

RE: Shackles

lift it? sure. but like i said in the zj/xj forum, protect it first. get some skid plates underneath that bad larry first. and then, if offroading is in your future, try out some easy trails stock height, with the armor. it'll let you know how your vehicle handles, how you drive, whether or not you like off roading, and if you do, how much you really want to invest. and if you end up hating it, and just want to rock the jeep as is, you've done nothing but protect the underbody, and gotten away pretty cheap. check out your local junkyard for skidplates.

RE: OT: Make a wish....

It's a '95 4banger (Rio Grande), so you may want to consider sticking to 31" tires max unless you're prepared to regear the axles and/or install power mods to the 2.5L. You can clear the 31" tires by using a 2" body lift, a full-length add-a-leaf kit for 1.5", or a 2.5" spring kit.

Back