Well it was the clutch

LadyJeepFreak

Four or five guys helped me out saturday and took the transmission out of the jeep. They said it wasn't they easiest transmission they'd ever pulled.

The clutch plate was disinigrated in there and the flywheel is bare on one side. One of them is going to Napa for me tomorrow to find out what they can do about the flywheel and get me pricing for a better clutch.

We think it was my wheeling three weeks ago, dropsyes first time..remember that? It was about 30 degrees and the ice was six inches thick in the ditches we kept getting stuck in. I was in a foot of cold icy water several times and we are thinking that combined with the hot clutch just broke down the fiber of the clutch plate. They also reported it was a flimsy clutch for any vehicle, let alone a Jeep.

23K miles on her. I was hard on it wheeling. This was my first clutch, lesson learned. Take my words, other newbies. Easy on the clutch!! lol

More to follow on costs.
Lady

Let me know what you find on the availability of a clutch, since we couldn't find one online. Just curious.

Half doors fit a soft top that’s used with full steal doors?

Yes will do Bounty, I wanted to thank you again for those links. I looked over them like a fiend and couldn't find the right match. I amd the second in my club looking for a clutch for a new jeep right now.

Lady

LadyJeepFreak said:
.........23K miles on her. I was hard on it wheeling. This was my first clutch, lesson learned. Take my words, other newbies. Easy on the clutch!! lol...........

First off, good to see ya got some help - can't believe you're still not wheelin' (gotta be eatin' at ya). Hopefully, won't be too expensive. 2nd, WOW, 23K????? 55K so far on mine and I'm hopin' for over 100K (from past experience) - tho' I've been pullin' my little trailer all over the place, so I may have to lower my expectations. Clutches are funny things, takes a while to learn how to treat 'em. Lady, you have just had lesson 1. :lol: :lol: I'm knocking on wood right now so, hopefully, I won't be posting next week about replacing my clutch! LOL Keep us posted - hope it's easy on your wallet.

Fellow '03er,
mud

Bounty__Hunter said:
Let me know what you find on the availability of a clutch, since we couldn't find one online. Just curious.

Did you check eBay? I found a good deal on one for a friend on eBay (92 YJ)

Twisted I didn't. I will. This is what my friend said Bounty, just for FYI. His isn't the same year as mine:

I ordered the centerforce II clutch kit (clutch and pressure plate) from central4wd.com for approx. $250 with SH. i checked tons of places and this was the cheapest place i found. my jeep is a 2000.

Heather

RE: Beans or no beans in Chilli?

Glad to hear it wasn't anything real serious!

But having to get a new clutch at 23K miles is not good. They must put some pretty crappy ones in there from the factory!!!

RE: Re: RE: Beans or no beans in Chilli?

Yep, real crappy dude!! I'm getting a new performance clutch from Napa for 175 bux though! They are resurfacing my flywheel too. I may be back in business this weekend!!!!

Lady

89 YJ 2.5L Engine Diagnostic What Version?

I have 113,000+ miles on my 1997 factory clutch. Knock on wood *KNOCK KNOCK* its still pull'n!

Back