Warning Dial-Uppers COOL PICS

prariepunk

RE: More power!

flowers-5.jpg

Origins: As far as we know, the source of this photograph is the DesertUSA web site, where it was posted to the California Desert Wildflower Watch section on 4 April 2005 with the following description:
Frank Reports: Carrizo Plains Trip Mar 27. Of all the places my wife and I have been hunting wildflowers in the last few weeks (Death Valley, Mojave, Antelope Valley) this location on the East side of Carrizo plains in the Temblor range (which I will name 7th heaven) was the absolute exquisite winner. Saturated with orange & yellow daisies and blue phacelia. You'll cry! If you want to see it hurry it will not last much longer. DIRECTIONS You have to go about 9 miles south from 58 on Elkhorn Rd. Around the 9 mile point look up to the East and find the mountain that looks like someone took pastel chalk and colored it. Cue: When you reach a cattle fence that goes up hills on both sides and cuts the road you'll find an East track Road that goes up a steep hill. To the left of this road is a small canyon or wash that leads to this Valley were picture was taken. You can actually drive into this canyon through a gate about quarter mile up from Elkhorn Rd intersection on the East track. You can also park just before the steep uphill climb then hike down to the canyon. Note you will have to crawl under barbed fence and walk in. Follow the canyon road until it runs out into a wash. To you left is a ridge you can hike a half mile up to reach this canyon. Near GPS Way Point N35,13.816" W119,44.290' elevation 2376 ft.
I found it on this site http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/flowers.asp

Re: RE: Re: North and South

That's a great pic, punk!

Tire problems

Smoke Hole, Seneca Rocks area 90. I think the closest major town was Eklton or Elkins? I think*. This was my first trip, a friend had been there before.

Yeah, I know Elkins, grew up around there. My Parents live about 10 min from there.
Did you climb the rocks?
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

One of my heros SRV, this was the only thing I wanted to see when I came down for christmas.... man, he has
been gone for over 15 years already! :cry: HE is the reason I started to play guitar

October 3, 1954: Stephen Ray Vaughan is born at Methodist Hospital in Dallas, Texas. Brother Jimmie Vaughan
is three years older.

August 27, 1990: Shortly before 1:00 a.m. the helicopter carrying Stevie back to Chicago crashes within seconds
after takeoff. All five on board perish. An investigation later declares the primary cause to be pilot error.

No way! I didn't make it up to Seneca Rocks. I wanted to go up horseback but just didn't have time. I went to Dolly Sods one day and hiked there around the Bear rocks and whatnot. Then I went up to Spruce Knob another day and hiked there. That is the tallest freaking mountain! I thought I'd die. Not very in shape here. lol I did walk around the Spruce Knob lake. It's beautiful up there. So much land and all mountains. I usually don't go for mountains but I can see why other people do. Maybe next time I'll hit the Seneca rocks up. I camped right at the base of them though.

Lady

More questions about CJ5 Driveshafts

prariepunk said:
August 27, 1990: Shortly before 1:00 a.m. the helicopter carrying Stevie back to Chicago crashes within seconds
after takeoff. All five on board perish. An investigation later declares the primary cause to be pilot error.

May of 1990, South442 drives SRV in a limo from the airport to his hotel and then just before he is set to play drives him again and pull him up to the outdoor stage. I open his door to thunderous applause and he jumps out, climbs up to the stage and starts jammin'. And I got a free show out of the deal. Super nice guy.

south442 said:
May of 1990, South442 drives SRV in a limo from the airport to his hotel and then just before he is set to play drives him again and pull him up to the outdoor stage. I open his door to thunderous applause and he jumps out, climbs up to the stage and starts jammin'. And I got a free show out of the deal. Super nice guy.
Now I'm jealous...... I wish I could have met him :cry:

Freind's Jeep - Problems.

90Xjay said:
Yeah, I know Elkins, grew up around there. My Parents live about 10 min from there.
Did you climb the rocks?
image-missing.png

Thats an awsome pic. I miss the mtns. The closest thing to that here in FL is the landfill. sad

Back