vibration with 4" lift

Powderfinger

I am installing a 4 " suspension lift on my 99' TJ. I have heard some people complain of vibration at speeds over 30 miles per hour after they installed a lift of 4" or more. The kit comes with most of the goodies including the t-case drop spacers. Even after dropping the t-case is there a good chance that I will experience some vibration. I have heard that the way to fix the vibrating is to install an slip yoke eliminator, but I have also heard it is rather pricey. Hopefully I won't have the vibes.

As far as I know the t-case drop should stop the vibes. I think people use the slip yoke el. when they don't want to lower the t case or they've lifted the rig so high they have to lowering the t-case isn't enough. But with only a 4 inch lift this shoudn't be a problem.

I hope you are right I have already sunk about 2 grand into it. Oh yeah, how about the brake lines do they need to be replaced.

I don't know about replacing them, but they will need to be lengthened a little. Most of the lift kits I have seen provide a small piece of hose to make up differnce. You can also look into rerouting the brake lines. Just a thought for you, I don't know what size fuel tank you have but I recently read that yj's and tj's all came with a 20 gallon tank. But to give more option packs the guy's from chrysler decided to put an extra long fuel hose in some of them and call it a 15 gallon tank. This is easy remedy! Just pull the hose out and cut off like 7 out ot 10 inchs and put it back. But if you plan on doing this read up on it a little more. I think the article is at offroad.com but I could be wrong. This thought this might intrest you seening how the bigger tires can eat gas.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]Originally posted by Powderfinger:
I am installing a 4 " suspension lift on my 99' TJ. I have heard some people complain of vibration at speeds over 30 miles per hour after they installed a lift of 4" or more. The kit comes with most of the goodies including the t-case drop spacers. Even after dropping the t-case is there a good chance that I will experience some vibration. I have heard that the way to fix the vibrating is to install an slip yoke eliminator, but I have also heard it is rather pricey. Hopefully I won't have the vibes. </font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

When changing leaf springs, improper differential pinion angle can cause vibration problems. Degree wedges are designed to correct the pinion angle of the differential. 4wd sells them so check out their new catolog.

Though a bit pricey, the SYE is the way to go. I'm getting the Tera 4" kit and a SYE kit. This will eliminate those drop spacers and the shim's in the rear. No vib's at all!

------------------
SHAUN
image-missing.png

Back