Vacation or Jeep?

I was going to suggest you spend that grand on brown bread and send it to me. Must have more. :wink:

But seriously, you can't go wrong with the combo vacation/mod that elite jeep was suggesting. It's a win/win situation. Even if you ONLY mod, or ONLY travel, I'm sure you'll not regret it.

100,000 miles between K&N recharges?

I'm not going to go one way or the other on this. But I will say that I love to travel. I've been all over western europe and up and down the eastern seaboard, and there's really nothing like the freedom of the open road and meeting new people and experiencing new culture. But I also find myself lacking money when it comes to mod time for my TJ so that's disappointing. But, to help you make your decision, check out this site...

www.go-today.com

They have some super cheap deals on European vacations. I have friends that have gone to England with these guys and said it was great.

WOW! You guys rock, you all gave me wicked good reasons to go away!

No, I don't have a job lined up. My actual last day here is Dec 23, I'm not going to be looking for a job probably till Feb. 1. I also believe things happen for a reason and change is wicked good.

That said...a cruise, huh? See a cruise has never appealed to me, I grew up on the beach, and a beachie vacation isn't what I was looking for. Then I was told a cruise isn't about the beach...hmmm...water, hot weather, rum in my drink..that screams beach to me. But, a cruise is not out...I have to run it by Joe. If I could find out what really goes on on a cruise, then it would probably be more appealing, I'm gonna look into it.

Vegas, I asked if we could elope :shock: He said no, he obviously has never be involved in planning a wedding, hehe..I was looking at flights to Vegas, and they were wicked cheep, and even hotels are cheep.

I don't know. I will eventually come up with something, and go somewhere.

Moab is fabulous this time of the year. I went there on my honeymoon a few years ago. Sometimes a little snow but not bad. You could rent a jeep there and have fun while you are there. Then if you have some more time drive to vegas and fly out of there. Have a little of everything.

Moab..it's funny that you mention that. I purposly left it out, because we want to go there for our honeymoon, too.

Vegas is definitely a place everyone has to visit atleast once in their life. I have been a couple times. Once with the girlfriend where we did a ton of sight seeing in and out of all the hotels, saw some shows, and a little gambling. Then I went again with the guys where we gambled 10 hours a day and spent a couple evenings on Freemont street. Both trips were amazing and I would definitely throw my support behind a trip to vegas.

half a$$ing heater

My folks went on a cruise to Alaska last year. Nova Scotia the year before that. They go errywhere.

Hey Laura, we used to vacation in Marshfield. Ocean side of Ocean Ave at about shawmut. It was wicked cool. Nothing like a storm in that house. Spend the money on the jeeop.

HAHAHAHA @ jeeperjoe's post.

Now why do you suppose jeeperjoe would want Laura to spend the money on someone named Joe?

:mrgreen:

Gadget

brian4.2, NO WAY!! I live on Chickatawbut, right down the street, just really a stones throw!! I LOVE when storms hit. I grew up in Marshfield (Brant Rock), and when the hurricans came it was the best!! I was hoping for one this year so Joe could see how cool it is..but we had to settle for waves ova the sea wall.

jeeperjoe, keep dreaming. And the dishes need to be done. :D

Well i had what i thought was an awesome idea until you said you werent looking for a "beachie vacation" That pretty well leaves my idea out. But whatever you decide, i hope you enjoy it.

Nathan

P.S. I personally loved driving through Yellowstone. I think you can even rent cabins in the park. I love the mountains and im thinking about moving out west someday. No that doesnt really help you any, but all this talking about travel made me think of the family vacation we took out there.

Green97TJ, I want to hear your idea, just because I said that doesnt mean I mean it...I am a girl you know! hehe

I was going to say you should rent a nice little condo in Gulf Shores Alabama and drive the jeep down there.... have a nice week or so on the beach in nice warm topless jeep weather :)

Nathan

PS Beautiful place down there, let me tell ya

And if ya go to Gulf Shores, you HAVE to go to the Flora-Bama! Aint that right Nathan? It's a fun dive on the state line. My parents have had a place down there for about 30 years on the Florida side within walking distance of it. Man.....good times.

Yea, i love it in Gulf shores!! my family has gone there for spring break the last 3 years. I would love to be down there with the jeep :) unfortunately my spring break will be at a different time then moms this year (shes a teacher) so i wont get to go.

But yea, we've made a couple trips over into florida... went to the pensecola navel aviation museum a couple times... sweet place!!

Nathan

Back