Up grades go up in Smoke Thanks Son!

Tug-n-pull

Well it was just about my turn I just had to go another couple of week and the Lift was under under my Jeep! Just now the phone rings and you know what my oldest (17 years old) Son call in and has crashed his ride! So all the saving for the mods goes out the window to put him back on the road! No one hurt! Thank God, but I want to give some simple words of wisdom to the young on the board. " You can have kids or you can have anything you want, but you can't have both" Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

well that just sucks. you should ground him
image-missing.png
[addsig]

man, i'm 18... been in 2 accidents so far. (only one little parking lot crash was my fault) and my parents haven't helped out a bit... your kid's lucky... wanna adopt me? how bout just send money? i accept paypal to dingus84@yahoo.com

image-missing.png
[addsig]

I'm glad your son's ok! I must say, you are a generous dad, in my opinion. Whenever a part broke on one of my cars I had to fix it and pay for it myself! If it broke down somewhere, it was my responsibility to get it home. And if I ever wrecked one, my dad would say, "Well, you wrecked it, you fix it and pay for it." In other words I was working on my cars every weekend![addsig]

I'd love to work on my own Jeep, however my dad's kinda anal about having Chrysler do it under warranty (damn them!). -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Sux to crash, I wish my dad had moved out to california with me when I started college, back on the farm he would help me fix my vehicles when they broke, now out here, I have to do it myself. Though it is more rewarding, there's still some times I wish I had another good mechanic around to help. What is it Launchpad McQuack used to say on Ducktales, "Any crash you can walk away from is a good one"[addsig]

Thanks for the concern but I am not that soft. Not fixen or buying him a ride, He even had to pay the 100 buck tow bill. I will make a loan to get him up and driving again cause he sure aint going to drive anything of mine, Had me a tag made for the front of my Jeep today that says "Don't even Ask!"
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
Tug[addsig]

Did you buy your son his ride or did he buy it? If yes he is a lucky kid to have a dad buy him a car. Me on the other hand have to buy my own car with my own money. Good thing I started saving.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Sorry Tug, I didn't mean to imply that you were soft. I was just kinda remembering all the stuff that happened to me. My dad loaned money to me, too, when I needed an engine! [addsig]

You and I arein the same boat Tug...nice to know I'm not the onlyone lol 84 thinks I'm rich, but he dosen't know what it's like to have a teenager pullin' at your wallet every 10 minutes. Somedays I think I should just change my name to Al Bundy and just get it over with lolGlad to hear he's ok...thats the importantthing, and keep saving. Like me, you'll have all the bells and whistles.............someday. lol Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

im 18, and let me tell you, if i did what ur son did, id be walking. my parents have always supported me having a car, they even help w/ my insurence, but ill be damned if they give me a cent if i crack it up. [addsig]

I know how ya feel Brother! My oldest son (18) rolled the wifes Exploder in a corn field, but didn't total it. Six months later, my youngest son (16) hit a parked car and rolled his S-10 (totalled it). Seat belts are always worn and they only got a few bumps & bruises. Yungins sure are expensive creatures![addsig]

When Will my son was 13 and started to dream of a car I told him son I love ya and I am going to help you with your 1st car. Wow dad go on with your bad self. So I went on when you get your drivers license go out and find the car you want and then when you have enough money to buy it and pay for your insurance I will drive you over to pick it up! You should have seen his face. So I stuck to my word! He bought a ford probe very used and has keep his insurance up his self, So he really is hard working good Kid keeping a near 4.0 average and playing football. So now he is ready to go looking for a part time job. Thanks for all of your support, Funny cause I have never been part of any post or chat before, Now just as soon as this happened I was able to vent to my new friends that I have never seen in person. I get it now, Thanks again Tug AKA Danny from Tennessee
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back