Track bar relocation?

ATHiker

When I put the Skyjacker kit on my wrangler, I put a track bar relocation bracket in the rear so the space remained constant between the tires. Should you also relocate the track bar in the front, The 2.5 Skyjacker kit did not mention the front track bar? Any problems if I do not relocate it any advantages if I do ? Thanks in Advance

Well the front trackbar angle is much more crutial than the rear because it is part of the steering geometry. The brackets can actually cause bump steer or make an existing condition worse. I know that there is a bracket for the XJ's, which have a very similar front end and they are terrible. IF you want to re-center your axle the best route is an adjustable trackbar. You can find some good products from Rubicon Express and Rusty's Offroad, among others.

Take a look at each front tire and reference it to the flare above. See if the front axle is centered. You can also redrill the lower track bar mount hole a little to the driver's side to recenter the front axle. It's a safe mod as there's pleny of metal there. The problem comes in when you have to redrill less than a hole's width away, making an oblong and useless hole. If the front axle is not that far off-center, and the jeep drives fine, don't mess with it.

Back