Torx screw driver for hood hinge?

YellowJeepGuy

I'm installing a high lift jack on my hood but I don't have a Torx screw driver that's big enough. Do you guys know what size? Ill run up to Home Depot. Thanks in advance. I have a Jeep wrangler Tj by the way.

I'm installing a high lift jack on my hood but I don't have a Torx screw driver that's big enough. Do you guys know what size? Ill run up to Home Depot. Thanks in advance. I have a Jeep wrangler Tj by the way.

Be sure the bit fits tight. I bought a set made for an air gun because they were hardened and sharp. Soak the bolt with PB blaster and heat it. Use an impact wrench to break it loose. All the advice so you don't strip the head. Size T40

Last edited:
I agree about buying a complete set and the hood hinge bolts are not as bad to get out but you do need good bits , dont buy a cheap set

Replaced all mine with hex heads so I don't have to deal with striped bolt heads. Take everybody's advice, buy a good set. If you can afford it, go to Sears and buy Craftsman brand. That way, if they get worn out you just go in and get it replaced for free.

Back