today's snow/jeep experience got me 20 bucks!

dingus

well, today i was working taking some deliveries in my jeep (XJ), and i came across a lady whose dodge caravan was sideways in the street pointed at a driveway, but not in. i figured she got a flat or something and didn't wanna move her car any more. anyway, i pull up in front of her and get out. she's talking on her cell phone, and i walk up and say "is everything okay?"...

she's like "well yeah, but the car won't move." won't move eh? something must be wrong here. i look down at my feet and there is red fluid (transmission) leaking all over the ground. geez! not good. she shows me how when she puts it in drive, all it does is grind something and make an awful noise.

first thing on my mind was just to get her car out of the middle of the road so that cars could get by easily. as i'm laying on the ground looking for her front tow point, she's telling me about how its not HER car, and that her mom always told her not to borrow other peoples' cars because bad stuff always happens. i walk around to the back of her van, and realize she has a receiver! nice! i pulled my jeep around behind her and hook up my tow strap to her receiver hook and to my front tow hook.

even on the icy, snowy roads, my jeep was able to pull her backwards without a problem! it was soooooo cool watching people drive by just watching my little jeep pull this huge soccermom minivan through the ice. anyway, i pulled her backwards so that she could park along the street. after we were done that, i put my strap away and walked up to her car, and asked her if she had a tow truck on the way yet. i told her that i had to take my delivery now (that it was a few minutes late) and she threw 20 bucks in my hand! i was so shocked! :)

anyways, it felt good to help someone out today.

also, i made over $17 per hour today!!! i worked for 3 hours, got $44 in tips (including that 20 from the lady in the van) and got paid $7.50 per hour on top of that! :-D nice! pretty good for an 18-year-old

-nate

edited by: dingus, Mar 06, 2003 - 09:59 PM[addsig]

thats tight, what kinda job do you have, i remember a bike shop maybe? 17 isnt bad at all lol only way to top that is selling drugs i guess lol[addsig]

Last night I hit 15 snow rescues for this winter. That doesn't include mechanical, electrical, fluid... etc... that's all tugs and rips... I've made a few bucks with it.[addsig]

ha... i worked at the bike shop till last december, when i quit because the guy didn't give two shits about the staff there. he said he'd pay us every WEEK, but it turned into 3 month intervals at times. it was all under the table so we had no course of action except to either quit, steal, or burn down his house. i'm not saying which of these options i took. :)

now i work for a deli/sandwich/catering shop, i make food there and drive deliveries. its a much friendlier environment, pay is REGULAR, and i get free food! :)[addsig]

Back