To close to the edge!

Tug-n-pull

Yesterday while out playing I was the first up an old trail not used anymore. Crowed the edge a bit to much and ithe bank just gave away. I was about 8 feet off the level trail below and was setting on the driver side front leaf spring. Un abe to go forward or backwards we were able to do some trail recovery this week.

High lift and come alongs were the spice of the day. Rob aka Pasmokeater, Chris aka wranglerwhat94, and Adam Greenreaper94 got good first hand working recovery lessons. This to was fun and added to the weeks adventure. However I had to change my pants after it was all over. It was kind of scary hanging off the edge up there.

We were able to raise and move the Jeep to the passengers side a little over 2.5 feet to set the tires back on solid ground agian. A good day and good training for chris and adam in trail recovery. tug

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

edited by: Tug-n-pull, Jun 28, 2003 - 08:07 PM[addsig]

Looks like the high lift came in handy.[addsig]

Glad to hear that all went well and that people learned something new. I most def need to get a high lift.........[addsig]

Looks like you had the best seat in the pic....
Tell me Tug how was the view looking down??? LOL :lol: :-O :lol: [addsig]

When the ol Jeezabell started to rock to the side ol Tug had a pucker factor up around 8.5 to 9 hehehehe. I just looked over at ol Adam aka Greenreaper and sid get out! he did on the high side. Rob aka SMOkeater rolled in behind and young Chris aka Wranglerwhat94 skampered up to help like a rabbit.

I looked down and all I could think was that first step is a doozie hehehehehe. After the guys surveyed they tied her off to a tree to the roll bar just to shore her up and we tried to go both forwand and backwards with no avail.

Tied off with a comealong at about a 45 degree angle from the up hill side of the bumper and started to high lift. Then added a second comealong to the up hill side at about a 90 degree to the side and in no time we had the front end moved.

Team work was there. It made being stuck almost an honor. I will trust these guys on the trail any day any where. Thanks Rob, Chris, and Adam! tug[addsig]

I am glad to hear all worked out well.
and ol' Jeezabell made it home safe and
under her own power,,,,,, :-D :-D :-D [addsig]

Like the ol Joe Cocker song says I will get by with a little help from my friends! and Jeezabell is still going strong under her own power! hehehehe tug[addsig]

Another day of "tuggin and pullin" I see. Glad to see you came out unscathed.[addsig]

Back