TJ speaker wiring

Junkpile

I need to add some sound to the inside of the TJ. For now, I'm throwing some old 6x9 boxes in the back and splicing into the factory wiring at the rollbar. I need to know which wires are which. There are six wires going up the rollbar to the soundbar, two being for the dome light I assume. Which wire is the Left Positive.....and so on? I can't find a freakin manual anywhere!!

i cant really help but if worst comes to worse just pop the speaker off then youll know

OK
Left rear speaker Negative (-) BR/LB (Brown/Light brown?)

Left rear speaker positive (+) BR/YL (Brown/Yellow)

Right rear speaker Negative (-) DB/PK (Dark brown?/Pink)

Right rear speaker positive (+) DB/WT (Dark brown?/White)

The PK/WT is the sound bar/dome lamp wire (Pink/White)

And the last wire I cannot find in my book so maybe it is BLK ? (Black)

:D

Thanks beretta, that's what I needed.

phattyaspen, that's what I thought too but when I took out a speaker it had completely different wires going to it from the soundbar. I guess I could have looked at where the harness goes into the soundbar but I couldn't see that without taking the top down......and I'm lazy.

Thanks guys.

I just added some new speakers recently and had the same problem. I had given up and decided to see how hard it would be to mount a new stereo when I found the wiring diagram on top of the original deck. Also, a buddy of mine that does stereo work said you can use a voltmeter, but I don't know how that works.

Back