Tire sizes

campingnut1973

RE: August goings ons..........

Just got a 2 inch lift and I have a 2004 Rubicon and am looking to replace the tires....any suggestions on what size and brand....the size now is 265 75R 16

You could easily fit a set of 33's on there, as for what type of tires to put on, what do you plan on doing with your jeep? mud, rock crawling, or is it just going to be an everyday driver?

I helped a buddy put a 2" lift on his '05 Rubi and he fit 33"x12.5" tires easily. We added an extra stock .75" coil isolator to the front, his sat nose-down from the factory. Leveled things out nicely.

Fall 4X Fest Sept 10-11, 2005

okay... my $.02.... I like the BFG M/T's i have now... (33x12.5) - i had 32x11.5 BFG A/T's on my old 91 that lasted over 5 yrs (about 30K mi.) when i traded it in... the MT's I have now are about 1 yr old and show very little wear, hold the bead well (down to 10psi offroad) and seem to have good traction in the wet (dont get much rain here in the desert but better than the A/T's for some reason) - if youre not totally hardcore and want a good, well rounded (pardon the pun) all purpose tire thats not tooooo expensive - I like the BFG M/T's... after all, they've been around for years virtually unchanged for good reason....

RE: Acetone???

Where and how much do you wheel? What type of terrain? How important are onroad characteristics to you?

The only problem with 33x12.5s with only 2" of lift is that it will rub pretty heavily at full flex if you disconnect the front sway bar. But if you leave it connected, those tires are just about perfect.

Steve

Back