Tire / lift kit problem

ATHiker

I have a 2000 sport with factory grizzly rims, I just put a skyjacker 2 in spacer lift, with Nitro shocks and 31in Goodyear Wrangler MT/R tires on it. When I got the tires mounted and put them on, I noticed the left rear tire was within 1/4 to 1/8 inch of the coil spring upper mount plate. I saw the right side had about 3/4 to an inch clearence. My first thoughts were of a inproperly repaired accident damage, but I know the original owner, I know it was never in an accident, and I ran a car fax on it and it was never involved in an accident. I have a hard time believeing that Jeep made it this way, or did they? Has anyone ever heard of this? To hopefully give enough clearence I cut about 3/8 of an inch off the coil spring upper mount plate. The spring mounting was not near this part of the plate and it seemed not structually necessary. This gave me about 5/8 of an inch clearence and I hope it will be enough without it hitting the inside of the tire. Anyone else hear of this Thanks. :cry:

It's normal, the rear track bar is causing the misalignment of the rear axle.

When lifting, the trackbar pulls the axle towards one side, unless the trackbar is lengthened or you install a track bar relocation bracket.

If it's off enough to bother you, redrill the lower track bar mount a little to the side, about 1/4" should do it.

The front axle should be off the same, and it's lower bracket can also be redrilled.

Back