tire choice for a tj

vonnn

hi , well i never sold my tj thinking of keeping it had the 1st snow here in michigan jeep handled bad on snow think it may be the tire 32 x11.5 mickey thomspon anyhow my jeep has a 3inch suspension lift , someone told me its the wide tire that makes it handle bad? is that true i wonder what size i should use i have 15 inch wheels any input? thanks or is the suspension lift that makes it handle bad? i

I think the majority of jeeps handle bad on the snow. Light weight with a short wheelbase equals unstable feeling on slick terrain. A good snow tire is the BFG All Terrain or the Kumho MT. Are you driving on packed snow or fresh powder?

I run 31" Bridgestone Dueler "Revo"'s - best tire I've ever driven on for wet roads and do really well in the snow, too. Unfortunately, 31's are the biggest they make.

I got 33X12.5 goodyear MTRs and they run great in the snow, good traction, great on snow packed roads. I never heard of wide tires being bad, But then again, I watch rally racing on TV..and took notice that whenever they are riding on a snowy road or trail the tires are really thin.

I always hear more that the wider tires were worse on wet and snow. That being said I never had any trouble in my TJ in any snow or wet road and in Central NY we have tons of both. Not really sure what to tell you.

RE: renegade package??

The best results in snow would be from a good all-terrain, not a mud terrain. A mud terrain will be good in deep snow, but the wet slushy stuff or hard packed stuff the AT will be the best choice.

Back