throttle spacer??

superspud87

im new to all the performance stuff, especially regarding jeeps. i feel dumb for asking but what exactly IS a throttle spacer and what do you gain from such?

I have a 97 jeep wrangler with a 2.5L and thru many trails and errors it has sevaral mods under the hood. Cold air intake sucks in larger amounts of air, catback with releases exaust out freely for complete easy breathing. NGK plugs for hotter spark, accel 8mm wires to carry that spark. My best modification is a throttle bodie spacer from gsppowerspacers.com. This spacer has proven itself to out perform other brands that fail to deliver highend torque and power. Thru experence when i tried others with the screw design they have no affect on higher RPMs or freeway speeds. What i like about this spacer you can feel the added throttle response, more torque and horse power and it also saves gas. Anyway what a throttle bodie spacer does is it sets under your throttle body it increases the air volume under there, to top this off it takes all the incoming air and causes it to inter the engine with more presure, volicity and force, thus resulting in better air/fuel mixture. The gsp power spacer is also different thanany other spacer i have ever seen. Let me tell you this lil puppy works great. hope i was of some help. feel free to write me anytime. Happy 4 wheeling. Quicksand97

Last edited:
you helped a great deal and i appreciate it. but lol i cant find one for my jeep because mine is an 87 and the make the throttle spacer for the 91 and up

If yours is a 3 bolt pattern they do make one for a 86 to 1990 but i believe it would be special order and can be a lil costly at about $130. A freind of mine in new mexico has one and he really likes it.

to be honest, im not sure if mine is a 3 bolt or not. i never really looked before. but if it is, do they have that available on that link that you sent me?

unless you have a 4 cyl... your jeep probably doesn't have a throttle body.

87-90 yj 4.2 were carbed from the factory

You have the early 3-bolt throttle body, not too many upgrade options out there.

Hesco can machine your stock throttle body to a larger more, or you can buy a kit to convert to the newer 4-hole throttle body. By converting, you can use the larger bore throttle bodies and the available spacers.
Hesco Inc. - High Performance Engine Service

Back