Is the 2007 worth the wait?

• Yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, Get the 2006!

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matmadus

Last September my dream came to a load painful hauled. My 1994 Jeep YJ transmission decided to go. This was a big surprise as there seem to be more and more broken stuff everyday. The owner before me did not take good care of the Jeep which left me with a big mess but a cheap price. So I slowly bought stuff, when it came to me that I had put to much money in to it and now with the transmission gone, it left me with no daily driver. So I bit after a long month of walking everywhere and getting outrageous quotes on getting the transmission replaced. I decided to sell the YJ and told everyone that I wouldn’t get another one.

So after the last couple beautiful days, sitting on pouch trying to find ways to get the roof off my intrepid. I believe it’s time to start looking for a new Jeep, and I want new this time as I wouldn’t have to worry about what the owner before me didn’t do. So I want to the jeep dealership looking for a 2006 Jeep TJ Rubicon. Only to find that there updating them in 2007. So I need to find out if the 2007 is worth the wait. Has anyone here much on them as being worth it or just get the 2006?

You'd probably get a pretty good deal on the 06s but if you like the looks of the 07 and don't mind the extra $ then go for it.

Im in the same situation, im gonna buy a TJ and keep my yj for wheelin. Everyone keeps asking me why i want another jeep, and i simply tell them, Why wouldnt i.
As for what to buy, id go with the 06. but thats just a personal preferance

If I were to buy one right now, I'd find a new leftover '05. They have the 7/70 powertrain warranty and can be bought CHEAP. There's not many but they're out there.

I voted get the '06. I'm always VERY, VERY leary of getting the first batch of a model year/retool/etc. Let the bugs rear their ugly heads first.

Back