Terrain

dirt trails with mud, rocks, and lots of trees. River beds are fun too.

Nick

Rubigoddess said:
What is y'alls favorite terrain to wheel on? Mud, Rocks, Snow, Pavement, whatever, post it up. Post a pic to go with it! :).

Me I like Mud......Since thats about all we get here in ORYGUN!

Speaking of mud, have you heard anything about events for newyears day? Last year there was a mud event up in st. helens, but haven't heard anything about this year....Personally I'll take rubicon granite--moab slick rock--and everything TSF has to offer.

New Year's Eve there is going to be a snow run up at TSF. Raven off Road is hosting it. I dont think its anything sponsored, but a bunch of them are going up there.

Usually my friends and i hit the trails on New Years Eve. I'll let you know when we get stuff more planned out.

Mud:

IM0012652-1.jpg

Mud:

IM0012752-1.jpg

Mud:

IM0012642-1.jpg

Mud:

IM0012622-1.jpg

And more mud:

IM0012592-1.jpg

Oh, and of course the occasional trip through the timber on the farm:

Sig6-1.jpg

Rubigoddess said:
New Year's Eve there is going to be a snow run up at TSF. Raven off Road is hosting it. I dont think its anything sponsored, but a bunch of them are going up there.

Usually my friends and i hit the trails on New Years Eve. I'll let you know when we get stuff more planned out.

I was thinking more of newyears day. I now if we can't find a mud event to go to we'll hit the snow probably either TSF or just stay local at hit the trails around the 'couv.

Like this is a hard one...lol :purple:

We here in Utah don't like to play in the mud since the only good stuff is right next to the great Salt Lake...and well is is really salty, not to mention stinky as well!

All the good canyons they close down so that leaves MOAB!

Slick rock...more slick rock than you can stand!

I don't usually don't do the same trail twice in one year but my workmate Tim just had to do poison spyder, golden spike, and Gold bar rim. for his first time out on lockers...so here is my triumph return this year to the golden crack!

image-missing.png

Tims first wedgie....a virgin wedgie no less!
image-missing.png

And just because I had time and just for the board...Jeepers arch!
image-missing.png

Enjoy!

I wouldn't call it my favorite, but living in Wisconsin my only real practice is with snow. We had a pretty good snow storm here on saturday and I must say I was getting around a lot better than must. My cherokee really proved its worth. My only problem was getting around people out driving in inappropriate vehicals. Sometimes people with cars have no bussiness being out on the road. I never even slipped.
-Kendrick

I'm gonna have to go with rocks. At least with rocks when I break something I know it's broken. With mud, it gets into everything and slowly destroys it over time. Although I won't think twice about blasting through a nice deep mudhole or river. That's how I hydro locked my motor.....didn't think at all.

Last edited:
Our Mall has some pretty tricky areas in the parking lot. I once actually drove over a parking stop! Oh and one time, I had to put it in part-time 4WD cause it was getting a little icy..:driving-g :driving-g :grin: :grin: :grin:

Really, I love the terrain in the mountains of Colorado. I don't care for the mud too much, I know I can go through it but I am way too lazy to clean it up afterwards.

image-missing.png

This is me in a rented Jeep out of Durango last September.

The slick rocks of moab were a ton of fun!!! the errrch errrrch errrrch of the tires is sound I'll never forget. Kind of like vegas! ;)

Mud, and trails... Love a good up and down, in and out roundabout ride through the trees of either Northern Michigan, or my local orv park, with the occasional mudpit for fun...

Snow's great too, but a hazard sometimes, makes everything look so innocent, then WHAM, you're up to your doorhandles in mud, water, or just a ditch...

Michigan, it's trails and mud, it's what we've got, and what we know.

Rocks seem to grab me the most. I did the mud and snow of IL and WI, sand in FL, and little bit of everything in between. But after living in AZ, and now TX, rocks still make me smile.

It's flat around here (Flatter than the last flat post) and we just have mud. that is about all of our excitement. lol Your really doing something if you can find a rock over the size of a pebble in lower Maryland. I do love Mud though. Snow is fun too although we don't get that much either.

mudholes/bowls, hillclimbs, mild rocks. that's about all I'm willing to put the DD through. I can't wait until I'm in a position to trailer a beater for some real rock

Rubigoddess said:
The slick rocks of moab were a ton of fun!!! the errrch errrrch errrrch of the tires is sound I'll never forget. Kind of like vegas! ;)

Turn chirping on slickrock! I can hear it now Rubi...thanks for the smile.

Back