tackled the transfer case...

LGR

So I woke up this morn' and went to tackle the transfer case. The battle took about 4 hours but I won..i think. So I had the case open and i was removing a bolt and i nudged the case and a magnet fell out. I could not figure where it went or if it even came outta the case. so I didn't put it back it. Does anyone have any idea why there is a magnet in the case and if i need it. I thought it might be for metal shavings from grinding gears to catch it. I also manged to recive a nut with boogied threads for the yoke? if thats even what its called. so that'll be fun to find. i'll fill you all in on how the case turns out. but that magnet is making me crazy.[addsig]

maybe off the oil drain plug.just changed my gear oil recently there was a magnet on the plug looked something like this=hope that helps.[addsig]

I don't think the transfer case has a magnetic plug, and the plugs that are magnetic are pretty solid, don't think they'd come apart.[addsig]

yeah i left it out..everything seems to be shifting properly..then again i havent' drove it yet because of the missing nut..i should ask the boys at the service dept. [addsig]

Back