SUPER SWAMPER?????

FiCJeep

use them!

Alright im in the market for super swampers.... these tires are going to be pretty strictly offroad only.... i want to run 36's ..... these tires need to be able to do good in mud and rock.... and hold up to trail abuse....they are going to be for a 1982 CJ 7 with a SOA and 3"leaf packs....

Thanks FIC

89 Pressure bottle burst!

TSL/SX, it's a tough bias ply with the tread extending down the sidewalls. Second choice would be the traditional TSL, the LTB comes in third.

Good choice in going with the swamper. I just picked up a used set of TSL/SX's and took a tire groover to them :twisted:

how do the TSL/SXs hold up to the pavement.......not that its going to be on the road much.......just to get to trails and maybe a few sunday cruises.......

also what about IROKS heard anything about them......

thanks FIC

The Iroks are supposed to be pretty good in the mud, rocks, snow, etc. A friend of mine has some and they are very nice; however, they are the 49's, so of course they are going to do well. I'm sure the smaller ones would be very good, they have a really aggressive tread pattern.

My TSL/SX's seem to be holding up from the few times I've had them on the pavement. That's why I run BFG MT's on the road, saves the tough expensive tires for the trail :twisted:

The TSL/SX, TSL, and Bogger basically share the same rubber compound. The LTB's are a bit softer from what I've seen, performing better in the rocks but wearing faster on the road. The LTB's have a larger 'large' side lug than the TSL's.

The SS Swampers (Special Service) have 27/32" tread depth in the 34" size, most of any swamper except boggers.

THe 36" may be too much for the stock axles unless you stay off the rocks.
You can't go wrong with the TSL, TSL-SX or the Bogger. The IROK's are excellent and weigh much less than the others. Stay away from the SSR's they don't pull very well.
I would say the 36-12.50 TSL would be the way to go for best value and traction. They will last forever on a trail machine.

the irocks do come in sizes other than 49...however iu would go with the 36...12.5 swamper TSL...i ran em and loved em...cant beat the tration at low air pressure

Back