SUPER BOWL!!!

they should have a 7 second delay to take stuff like that out like in radio or other live things. I mean..its not a big deal..but it shouldn't be done on somthing that children and such could be watching..

You don't win two Superbowls in three years by pulling anything out of your butt. Once and I might buy it, but not twice - not in the NFL.

Vinatieri's mistakes were not as costly as Kasay's "duck" at the end of the game (Here you go Tom and the boys, here's the ball on the 40 with some time and 2 timeouts, now go beat us!
no-2.gif
), and he definately made up for it at the end.

Carolina definately showed up, but the best team won. I hope the Panthers get another crack at it, they are a great young team.

On another note -

I'll be glad to see MTV (that Cable channel that used to be music television) out of the halftime show next year. If I wanted my kids to see neked breastases :shock: , I would have paid for the Lingerie bowl. Kid Rock is an idiot and the flag with a hole cut in it as a shirt only solidified my veiw of that guy. Finally, as great of a band as they are/were, shouldn't somebody other than Aerosmith do the show occasionally? :roll:

Woah, where'd that come from :shock:

avyoung - Absolutely. I hope with all the negative publicity, they'll do better next year. Marching band halftimes simply aren't going to cut it in this day and age, but that was completely unneccessary.

LGR - They do have a delay - that's why the streaker was only in sight for a split second. Everybody got a good look at Janet. That stunt was no accident.

Both of those teams are able to contend due to the NFL's recent rash of parody. Free agency has destroyed any comradery, chemistry or loyalty teams once had. Players rarely stay within one team or system anymore. These were really "good" teams, but not great.

I'm happy to see small markets like Tampa and Carolina have a chance. But suffice it to say, the Niners, Cowboys, Pittsburg and Raiders dynasties would've eatin' all of the last 4 superbowl teams (winners and losers) for lunch. So it's bittersweet. We must pick our poison: great teams, or great games. Free agency is the "Affirmative Action" of pro sports. There are both pro's and con's to it.

As for JJ's breast, we American's are too prude anyway I think we need to loosen up. However, there definetly should have been fair warning. Not everyone shares my opinion on nudity.

Paint Codes

I will accept that the Pats worked the clock to their advantage. Nothing else will suffice :: IMO :: Both Teams were equally matched (Shown by the final score) and neither "crushed" the other. I personally was looking for the first ever Superbowl OT :-D. THAT would have made it the perfect game.

Fortunantly, I am not a football fan. I watch 3 games a year, FL vs UGA, FL vs FSU and the Superbowl. I may add a 4th next year and watch FL vs TN but that is about it. Just so I can Tease Tug, mamma Tug and the tuglets. :shock:

I view the salary cap as the answer to the free agency. Now teams have spending limits and can't just buy a team of superstars. Before free agency got outta hand, any team could compete if they had a good program and made good drafts. Now that is once again true.

I wish the same were true for baseball.

TwistedCopper said:
I view the salary cap as the answer to the free agency. Now teams have spending limits and can't just buy a team of superstars. Before free agency got outta hand, any team could compete if they had a good program and made good drafts. Now that is once again true.

I wish the same were true for baseball.

I see your point, but the salary cap levels the playing field even more. Teams can't afford A+ talent, and that talent ends up going elsewhere, often to a division rival.

Parity is cool, because everyone gets a shot, but at the cost of a fan losing some of his/her favorite players to another team. And also resulting in close, but sloppy games. Just my 2.

Jeepster05 said:
Ya but when that offense started up Delhomme was makin some of the best passes I've ever seen. Good game though.

That guy is the real deal. What a find, hard to believe he was an un-drafted pickup! (So was Kurt Warner)

Salary Cap! Jeeze do any of you grow ups really believe a foot ball player is worth more than 50 grand a year. I can not see it! I think they should hold down a real job and play for free. tug

Back