stock exhaust size?

fast_Z28_guy

what are the pipe diameters on the stock exhaust...particularly for an 03 wrangler 4.0L. diameter at the cat? diameter at the muffler? diameter at the tailpipe?

i see some aftermarket exhaust list a 2.25" setup, and others offer the 2.5" setup.

i'd much rather have the bigger exhaust for better power gains.

but it got me curious as to what was stock.

i've been looking for an exhaust for the jeep to boost power for pulling our boat. and i'm trying to keep cost down. i personally love the sound of magnaflow mufflers (have em on my camaro).

i spotted the tailpipe only available from Rusty's OR...but it's only 2.25"...while most others are 2.5"...

know of any place i can just get the pipe? and then use the muffler that i want?

and i want all mandrel bends too...so exhaust shops are out...

magnaflow i think is the brand but they offer a replacement pipe its made by walker actually and has a snazzy chrome tip on it , but the price runs about 80 bucks for the pipe... summit racing has it online you can get the part num and do some shopping around ... advanced auto can get it too but for an extra 10 dollars .. i bought it and took it to a shop to have one bent up just like it and saved about 60 bucks

Last edited:
all i can find on summit is the pipe for years up to 2000...nothing for the 03.

what is the difference?? probably something stupid like the hanger.

they also list an "intermediate pipe" for the 04-06 models. i assume thats from the rear of the cat to the muffler. again...what makes it different from the 03??

i'm considering just getting a muffler and some tubing and going from the cat to a muffler and then a turndown under the jeep...and forgetting the whole "over the axle" setup.

it works on my Camaro!!!

Back