Stereo Reccomendation

pretty much any aftermarket speakers will work fine. they don't make many with the paper surrounds.

what ever the output is for the radio make sure the speakers can handle the power. even the cheap walmart speakers will work fine.

i have some sony explode 6x9's that came with the jeep mounted in some boxes. they played fine thru the rain. even been filled up a few times and still play like when i got the jeep. plenty loud down the highway too.

If you are looking for some speakers I have brand new never installed Sony Xplode 3-way 6x9s that I bought for my 72 Cutlass S project car which I sold before putting them in. The model year ended and Best Buy wouldnt take them back. Let me know if your interested and we can talk price.

I just took my sister's cd player out of her mustang, and put the factory one back in her car. It's a pretty crappy cd player, that way people wouldn't want to steal it. I've thought about buying a Kenwood, a friend has one, and she loves it.

jps4jeep said:
Pioneer, That deck that I put in Daves YJ is close to 6 years old, and look at how well it kicks! Speakers, go with what sounds good. I have clarion in the front, I like them, But going to up grade to Infinity Kappa's to match the sound bar
Do not buy
Jensen
Sony
Aiwa
or audiovox
all are junk.
Alpine is over priced
pioneer
JVC
Kenwood
eclipse
are all goo brands at good prices that have good middle line models for $200-$300 clams!

While Ill agree that they probably arent the best out there, i had a set of $40 dollar Jenson 6x9's that i liked. And they took a beating too. I originally got them for my old truck, were they sat behind the seat for months w/out boxes sliding back and forth and getting slammed by a tool box. Then they went into the jeep were they lived through getting kicked by passengers (in back floorboard) and filled with rain. All this time no boxes. Sounded pretty good till right at the end. The trip through the mud with no top finally killed them tho :) :lol: For some reason speakers dont handle being full of mud very well!!! :lol:

Not trying to start an arguement or anything, just saying that i had pretty good luck with a set myself. And for the money they were well worth it

Nathan

your best bet for audio is to get some speaker boxes from thor enterprises which house 6x9 speakers, you can get the boxes with speakers for 200 or the boxes for a 100, they slip between the roll cage and wheel well behind the passenger and driver seat, i love mine. stay away from sony piss shit and memphis speakers are good to go in the boxes because theyre shallow but sound great, the only problem with the boxes is the lack of depth but like i said mine sound awesome

Back