SpringOverConv.

Easiest and cheapest choice for sure! Now all you need is the SYE, drive shaft, wheels/tires, gears, lockers, winch, rhinolined tub, front bumper, rear bumper with spare tire rack then you can start upgrading everything. LOL welcome to the vicious cycle.....

I just finished my 4th spring over this weekend. I never buy the perches and I never reuse the old ones. Get a 12" piece of 2" x 4" tubing and using a 2.5" hole saw drill two holes on one side in the center and two on the oposite side. Split it with a cut off wheel and you have 4 perches.

If you look at cost it isn't a few bucks to do the lift. You have to get extended brake lines, drop pitman arm comes in handy for improved steering and most likely four new shocks or relocate the mounts for the ones you have.

The #1 mistake that people make when doing their own spring over is paying to much attention to the front shaft angle and not enough on the caster, contributing to death wobble. If you need any technical help let me know and I'll do what I can to answer your questions. It's not a hard or expensive lift to do and you get a lot of tire clearance by doing one. Just have to pay attention to three things. 1. Front Caster angle. 2. Front pinion angle. 3. Rear pinion angle.

Go for it you won't be sorry at all, two of the four I have done are daily drivers and they love it.

No, I changed out the stock pitman arm with a 4" drop pitman, that was it. Nothing fancy, no special links, no death wobble. I did add two inch wheel spacers to my sons CJ5 because it has the narrow track axles and it needed a little wider stance to make it feel for stable on the hi-way. The ohter three were CJ7 and wranglers.

Back