Speakers

MerkL

I need new speakers, and head unit. What are some of the speakers, and head units you guys are using? And what size exactly are the speakers in the dash?

I believe you said you had a 94 YJ. The dash has 4X6 that are a pain to change. if you have a factory sound bar, they are 4" speakers. after market, who knows.

I have an extensive sound system in my YJ.

I just bought the speakers that mount to the floor under the dash behind the shifter on a CJ or YJ.I got a sony x_plod head unit for christmas!It rocks!

Yeah, I went the same route as jps4jeeps. I fab'ed a box and stuck 5 1/4 3 ways on the floor between the shifter and the heat vent. I'm using sony X-plodes throughout my Jeep and as Sully said, they really are quite nice..... and LOUD! :mrgreen:

I used mostky stock locations to keep the chance of theft down. I work in a part of boston that you don't want to flash any bling bling! I put a set of components in the dash mounted on 4x6 plates, 4" components in the sound bar, and another set of components mounted in custom thor sound wedgs. I cut the front off and fiberglassed them to hold a set of over sized 6 3/4 woffer with 1" tweeters. I have a Kicker L7 in the trunk area in a down fire box and fosgate amps driving everything with two full farad caps. I run a pioneer premier deh-p 940 deck and a premier din cd changer in my glove box. Fom the out side all you can see is the deck.

If you get a set of 4x6 speakers for the dashboard, make sure they have a gasket on the speaker's face, becasue they flush mount to the dash.

SO many options for rear speakers. If you get a set of decent size 6 1/2",6x9, etc. you might want to put a set of high-pass filters ("Bass BLockers") on the front 4x6's. They don't handle bass well due to their size and the fact that they are not in a sealed enclosure. You can get a set of those for under $10.

Back