Spacers or not

vajeeper

I have a 2 inches of suspension lift and 2 inches of body lift right now but want a total of 6 inches. My questions is, would it be ok to go with 2 inch spring spacers or should i just take the 2 inch suspension lift off and go with a new 4 inch suspension?[addsig]

go for it... shouldn't hurt[addsig]

depends on how deep your pockets are... i'd say that the "right" way would be to switch to a 4" lift, but not necessary... a 4" lift would probably require a SYE and a longer driveshaft...[addsig]

Either way, you'll need to lower the transfer case or install a SYE to get rid of driveline vibes.

I'd get the 4" springs, cuz later on you'll want to add a spacer or the .75" stock spacer to level things out, it will be a better investment.[addsig]

If you already have a 2" spring you can go with a 2" spacer on top and put in a transmission drop kit. The whole thing will cost about a $100 and things will be fine. You should think about changing the pitman arm that is about $70. The short of it is that it is all about how much money you want to spend.

[addsig]

Go for the spacers..unless you have a money tree
in your back yard and if you do where do you live??? hahahaha :-D [addsig]

Back