Sorry Ranger4x4 I made a Mistake! HELP

Tug-n-pull

OK my son Will or Ranger4x4 was not in the wrong as I had mentioned before. The transfer case was not out of gear after all on his truck. We put it all back togather and the truck will not motovate. Here is what we are up to maybe one of you will be able to help.

The truck was unable to pull it'self. and still is unable to pull out. We droped the drive line and while on the ground we checked the clutch. It is ok so we reinstaled it. Turn the input shaft to the transmision and put the transmission in gear and the rear shaft turns along with it. Put the transfer in 4 hi and both shafts trun as you turn the input shaft. Put it into 4 lo and the same thing. all good.

Button it up to the engin and reattach everything and start it up put it in gear and let out on the clutch and nothing happens. can shift with motor running from 1 thru 5 and even reverse with out clutch and or in 2 4hi or 4 lo. What can be the problem here I just do not get it! tug

i have come to the conclusinon that the problem is.....

its a FORD..... :mrgreen:

Ford may be the problem heheehe the case is a Morgan He thinks anyway I will have to look again. Stock in an 83 4speed 2.0. Yea a chevy would still be just as bad. tug

did u take the trans cover off? u might have broke the shift linkages inside the trans. does it shift really easy? or somewhat easy? or easy in some gears and hard in other gears? if your transfercase is good and the engine is good, then its gotta be the trans i would see if its shifting funny or bindine up in anyway, im thinkin that if u can shift with out the clutch pressed and the engine stays running and doesnt stall out its not really shifting into gear......

Anyone know of an aftermarket fuel sending unit?

I had the exact same thing happen when I owned my 96 F-150 but it ended up being the clutch which you say isn't the problem. I could shift through all 5 gears including reverse with the engine running without the clutch in. Turned out I got so much mud into the clutch it burned it right out.

Back