So Im gonna buy A 2002 Jeep Grand Limited with 220,000 Miles Tomorrow

Jeepers23

Would like some input on this.
It has quite a few highway miles 220,000 to be exact.
Although I THINK I am getting a good deal at 2,500$.. KBB is @ LEAST $4200... The engine is really clean,
It has A new ECU, new tires, new battery and new Radiator. It seems to run good. It does have a
P0351 code which has caused a failed inspection..... I was told by the owner (second owner) that the reason this is popping up is the new ECU recently installed needs to have around 100 miles put on it before this will go away??? Does this make any sense to you Jeep Savvy people? A small amount of body work is needed, the radio is gone, but the interior is clean and everything else seems in place.
I have pictures and whatnot if some kind soul would like to help me out here. I am going to take it to a mechanic tomorrow before I buy it to check it out. I believe this is an AWD Jeep with the V8.
Love to hear from you guys.
Thanks People!

The trouble code will not fix itself after a set number of miles, the seller is feeding you a line. Read more about your code here: DTC P0351 Ignition Coil A Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

A few things to watch for on that model. The full-time transfer case in that model can be problematic at high miles, and it's finicky about having the correct fluid. Make sure you can turn tight circles on dry pavement with no binding or hopping in the 4wd.

The rear axle is prone to eating bearings so make sure there is no loud humming from the rear axle at highway speeds, either under acceleration or while coasting. An axle rebuild will run over $1000.

Back