Snowplow on a TJ???

indiemo

Anyone here have experience with or ever heard of someone putting a snowplow on a TJ? My driveway is a beast in the winter, and it snows here pretty much every day. I figure if I'm going to spend $600 on a snow blower, why not look into getting a snowplow for the old TJ. I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to keep it between the lines with the added weight on the front end.

edited by: indiemo, Jan 30, 2003 - 11:25 AM[addsig]

Dont do it. All snow plows do is cause problems on CJs, YJs, and TJs[addsig]

I just saw an article for a good looking simple snow-plow for Jeeps, I find it and let ya know[addsig]

I have a plow on my YJ... Meyer makes a plow for small vehicles... You will need to install extra large bumpstops in the front to catch when your plow is on... that way you don't kill your suspension... I have had no problems with the jeep because of it... BUT.. it DOES put lots of strain the driveline.. you have to be very careful... I also have a LARGE LARGE rear bumper to counter the weight... that puts a good beating on my rear suspension... but having a small vehicle with a plow is great... you can get it anywhere to plow[addsig]

I thought about the same thing, finally ended up with an old Chevy one ton, Air lift in the front springs, a spool in the Dana 60, a 4X4 inch square piece of square stock, full of old wheel wieghts for a back bumper. Keep a set of chains handy and a floor jack, also installed a four point harness, for when I find that big rock under the snow. Also doubles as a pretty good tractor and tow truck.
If you´r set on a plow for the TJ, look into one of those revolving brushes, like a street sweeper, in most cases they actually work better. And a good way to earn some extra cash.[addsig]

in the december 2002 issue of four wheeler,
they put a snowsport snow plow on a TJ.
It is a personal use snow plow that is light.
Its an aluminum plow with a steel frame.
It doesnt appear to be a strain for the TJ
to move around.[addsig]

If this is just a private snow plow and you don't intend to get out and do this for others I would opt for the snow blower. It will do the job 1st rate and wont bogger up your jeep! Tug :cool: [addsig]

Back