Slendertone

KrazyJeeper

Ok, I am usually amused by the late night infomercials, but this one caught my eye and the price was right. Has anyone bought this thing and if so, did it produce any results? I am not overweight per say, but I would like to lose around ten pounds in the gut and change back from a keg to a six pack. LOL, If you don't know what this thing is, it is a belt that you wear and they state it will tone your abs. Not for sure and usually anything that appears too easy is a fallacy. I just thought I would check to see if any of you guys had any experience with this thing. Thanks, KJ

Safe and effective weight loss never comes from a late-night infomercial. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Of course, without any more information than you gave, it's hard to give a proper response, but I can't think of any way wearing a belt of any kind will make you lose weight. The safest way to lose weight is through proper diet and excercise, period!

Eating, sleeping, and exercise. Good habits in these three activities are the only real ways to deal with weight loss or weight gain.

Eating, sleeping, and exercise. Good habits in these three activities are the only real ways to deal with weight loss or weight gain.

Yup. TC weighed 1,278 lbs in 1982. He fell asleep and didn't wake up again until 1998, and weighed only 465 lbs. Unfortunately, he is now the size of a small house and weighs in at 3,589 lbs. Rumor has it he's getting sleepy again, though.:p

Hey Krazy. I'm gonna give you a little bit of a different take.

I don't have any experience with slender tone specifically, but I do have experience with the electrical impulse exercise systems.

It does indeed work to strengthen your abs, but it does NOT tone. You will gain strength in your abdominals without a doubt. But unless you diet correctly and lose the fat surrounding your abs, nothing will show from an aesthetic standpoint.
HOWEVER, from a strengthening standpoint, your core muscles will get a hell of a workout! You will (if you actually stick to the regiment) get much stronger in your midthoracic region. Bruce Lee used them quite a bit, and he swore by them. (of course, he had the metabolism and diet like no other.)

Another thing. It's not as easy as they advertise. While you don't actually go thru the motions of doing crunches and sit-ups, it's equally as tiring use the electro-impulse systems. But consider it another alternative to doing crunches.

It does have the definite advantage of not putting your body in positions that will damage joints and other musculoskeletal structures.

Take home message: It works, but only when accompanied by another diet and fat-burning exercise regimen.

Ever see that video where the girl was using one of those things and it shorted and shocked the hell out of her? I guess if it does work, then it takes a bit of luck. No thanks.

Ever see that video where the girl was using one of those things and it shorted and shocked the hell out of her? I guess if it does work, then it takes a bit of luck. No thanks.

Yeah, those electric shock belts are BAD NEWS! Why? Muscles are tuned to the body's electrical stimulus and energy level. These belts deliver way more electricity than the body's nerves do. This overstimulates the actual nerves, and over time will decrease the nerve's ability to transmit low-level electrical impulses from the brain, effectively minimizing the body's ability to cause the muscles to function. In other words, the nerves build up a resistance to the body's own electrical system, and fail to function properly. I wouldn't recommend them for muscle building or weight loss. The original use of these was for therapeutic rebuilding of muscles damaged by other means. For short term use in physical therapy, they are fine. Long term use is bad....very bad.

C'mon folks... really... think about this topic. Losing weight or getting physically fit should be done the way I posted earlier. Any gimmick, regardless if it works or not, is merely a temporary thing. If you correct your eating sleep and exercise habits then you can not only lose weight and get into shape, but you have changed your habits and it will be much easier to actually maintain your physical condition.

Nobody said it would be easy. Nothing you can buy will make it so, at least nothing that is long lasting or good for your health.

Back