Side visors for YJ?

Re: RE: Attempted theft

OK, maybe I've been spoiled in the past with sun visors that actually swing to the side for north/south driving, but I'm getting pretty fed up with the solid mount YJ visors (since half of my drive to and from work is north/south with the sun always on my left side). Here's my plan: Get a set of YJ visors and either bolt them to the side roll bar or velcro them on there. I think they would work better (not fall down in the wind or bumpy roads) if they were bolted, but I'm also wondering if velcro would be better so that I can remove them if I wanted to.

Any comments on this plan?

Any better suggestions?

maybe bigger visors?...............or real good sunglasses? My TJ visors whip all around but they're so small they don't do a whole lot of good.......I think they were an afterthought in the whole engineering process.
Hey, how 'bout some welder's goggles!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at the visors in the Liberty. After you swing them over to the side, the rod they are on can extend further back.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

mud4feet said:
.or real good sunglasses?

I never use my visors. I have Oakley.

Re: RE: Side visors for YJ?

I really liked the visors in my dad's S-10. When you'd pull the main visor to the side, there was a secondary visor behind it that was still in the front, for those times when you were on a curvy road so you didn't have to keep self-inflicting head trauma swinging the visor back and forth from the front to the side.

I generally only wear sunglasses in the winter if there is snow on the ground. And I hate any type of glasses that come clear over to the side (sorry Oakley fans) because they generally just create more of a peripheral vision problem than anything for me.

Hey, how 'bout I just smack ya upside the head?

Having tried that several times without the desired response, let me suggest a two by four- could work! :shock: :D :shock:

RE: Re: RE: Side visors for YJ?

Just bolt those suckers in there. I wouldnt mess with velcro. The last thing you want it to be trying to line up little velco tabs above your head while your driving down the road.

RE: NW event

Sparky-Watts said:
I hate any type of glasses that come clear over to the side (sorry Oakley fans) because they generally just create more of a peripheral vision problem than anything for me.

Mine aren't the wrap-around type.

If sunglasses aren't to your liking, then that's understandable, but a really good set really will negate the need for visors. How 'bout Ray Ban?

RE: Four wheel drive not engaging

OK I didn't read al the post so if repost, sorry... I would get a visor off of a TJ or any other vehicle where it is the same app. size, dirll a 1/2 hole in the top of the windshield, then three small hole around it to hold the visor up, and done. My YJ looks to have a hold already up there, but is capped.

Re: 4 barrel manifold and 4 barrel carb

Sparky-Watts said:
OK, maybe I've been spoiled in the past with sun visors that actually swing to the side for north/south driving, but I'm getting pretty fed up with the solid mount YJ visors (since half of my drive to and from work is north/south with the sun always on my left side). Here's my plan: Get a set of YJ visors and either bolt them to the side roll bar or velcro them on there. I think they would work better (not fall down in the wind or bumpy roads) if they were bolted, but I'm also wondering if velcro would be better so that I can remove them if I wanted to.

Any comments on this plan?

Any better suggestions?

Hi Saprky,

What I did in my CJ-7, fr Marina, my girlfriend, and I did this for my wife before I was widowed, was to go to a junk yard and snoop around some of the rigs available and match color as well as getting a regular automotive pair of visors, since most can be adpated to our flat faced windshield design.

I did this about 2 months ago and it cost me all of $5 for the pair at our one wrecking yard. I used a pair that were tan out of a 1991 wrecked Honda Accord.

Hope that might help.

Robrt, thanks for the advice. I'm leaning toward doing it that way now, don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place, it would be so much easier. That's why I love these forums!!

Back