Should we have a political forum?

Should there be a section specifically for political threads?

• No, leave them in the general chat section

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Yes, create a new section just for them.

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
To date, we've lumped everything that's not technical into the General chat section, but I'm starting to think that we should create a section dedicated entirely to political chatting. I like the political threads myself.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

I voted "yes" to creating a new category...........one that I will try to avoid!!

This is a JEEP forum... We should be talking about JEEPS and everything else can fall in the "Other" category!

I like to talk politics..but tend to agree with BH that the General Chat section would seem to handle political discussions just fine in or out of the general election season..at least for now.

I am indifferent.

The only time catagories mean anything to me is when I originate a thread. Any other time I view "New Posts" or find what I need through a search.

If it helps you and the mods in some way I say go for it. If not then what is the point?

I would lean towards the no side. If we had a dedicated political section I'm afraid that may encourage more political threads, which is great, but will also raise the % chances of heated debates and confict between members. I personally don't like seeing and reading the conficts, yanking of someones chain, flaming, trolling etc. Just think if we had a religion section....wow! Let's focus on Jeeps. LBR

I voted to keep them in General Chat. I have my opinion on politics. I generally avoid threads that discuss politics (I also avoid religious discussions).

Politics that I would be interested in would be those pertaining to back-country management.

IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back