Should I be Mad, Flattered or Jealous?

southtj

I live in an older middle class neighborhood with alot of your basic 3 bedroom 2 bath homes and such. Directly across the street from me they tore down two houses and built two huge homes. They look like three stories about 5000 square feet, stone, brick etc. $$$$$. We're doing ok for ourselves but that is a little out of our range. It's great for the neighborhood and we are loving the fact that they are helping our property values go up and up.

Well, the new neighbor moves in and they have a Yukon, a Volvo wagon and a pickup truck he uses for work. (He is the builder of the two houses) So, I notice a Jeep in his driveway over the weekend and he and a buddy are removing the hard top and putting on a bikini top. Nice Jeep, I think to myself. I had the baby asleep in the house or I would have lent a hand. As it turns out it was his Jeep. He sold the Volvo and bought it. And it's the same color! And he got what looks to be a 4" lift and at least 33s. I must say it is nice looking. I guess it's funny that there are two of the same color Jeep across from each other but dangit, his is nicer than mine.

I guess I've got some work to do. At least I may have someone close by to wheel with. I've met him once and my wife has chatted with his wife a few times and they seem nice. Oh, and he has nicer bikes than I do. :lol:

Man, this keepin up with the Joneses stuff sucks.

Just remember, it's not the size that counts, but how you use it! Go get real muddy and park it in front of your house, show off that mud with pride. If with in one week he does the same, we have a competition!!

But, If he comes over and asks where you got those new mud accents, take him for a rip!

Either way you have a new wheeling buddy

did he build it himself?
did he have to save up for his Mods?
did he have to short himself just for the 5th tire (fullsize) spare?
How about have to wait almost 8 months to get his special order?

Yours is better bro
yours is WAY better.

did he build it himself?

I don't think so. I did see it brand new in stock form a few weeks ago. Just thought it was a friends. 'X' model. Then it showed up this weekend all prettied up.

did he have to save up for his Mods?

Probably not. He's got the cash.

did he have to short himself just for the 5th tire (fullsize) spare?

For some reason he still has the dinky stock spare. (I bought 5 when I bought mine)

How about have to wait almost 8 months to get his special order?

Prolly not. Looks like it came off the lot.

Yours is better bro
yours is WAY better.

Thanks Jason and thanks Sully.

Mine does have the D44, limited slip, 3:73 rear and 4 wheel disc. So I got that goin for me.

all of the above (mad flattered and jealous). but mostly just flattered. maybe a little bit mad that he's not taking the time to work on it and appreciate what he's doing. jealous cause he's got the money that all us jeepers wish we could sink into ours! and flattered cause hey....he copied you.

"imitation is the highest form of flattery"

Few problems after the trip to Vegas, need some help

4 wheel disks!Sweet deal!I bet he has the 35/30 with drums.

Well, looks like you'll have to go over there and ask him allof these questions so that we know the answers!! I wish someone with a Jeep would move in right by my house- I'm extremely jealous of you! Don't forget to tell him about Jeepz.com.

I won't be moving in across anytime soon 88 Wrangles, but given an address I could do ya a drive by and rap the pipes!!

Sully said:
4 wheel disks!Sweet deal!I bet he has the 35/30 with drums.

If it is indeed a wrangler X then yes, it is a 30/35 set up

Why all the competition, thats not what being a jeeper is about.

Take you nads out of your purse and go see him!!

Go over there, shake his hand firmly and intorduce yourself! see if you wants to go off road! It is always better to have a friend than a enemy! Maybe he did all the work himeself in his huge, well stock garage with lifts and everything. Make his accuatenance and maybe you can use that garage.

A nice looking (seams functional) bumper for TJs out there.

I'm with jps4jeeps, go introduce yourself. Then you've made the first move, show him some trails and teach him to wheel. THen tell him that you'll be there for him, when he gets stuck

There are many jeeps in Albuquerque, that have never seen dirt. They have 6+ inch lifts, aggressive tires and about 3000 watts of sound system, and I know they never go in the dirt. Because the paint job is too nice. These are just street/show jeeps.

LBR said:
I won't be moving in across anytime soon 88 Wrangles, but given an address I could do ya a drive by and rap the pipes!!

Hey LBR, where in Oregon do you live? Anywhere near Eugene?

Back