Shift motor on dana 30

west747

The fork that the shifter motor engages has been fixed so it is always engaged....anyone ever hear of this mod and if so could you provided me with some info...thanks all[addsig]

not a good idea... that is if you drive on road a lot[addsig]

It's not a bad idea, you probably won't notice the difference on the road with an open differential. You will notice the difference with any type of front locker. Having the fork engaged all the time is similar to having a solid passenger side axle shaft, similar to TJ's and late model XJ's.

I have a front Lincoln Locker, so my front driveshaft spins all the time, like a TJ, with no problem.

The shift motor is easy to remove, just 4 bolts. Move the shift collar and fork manually, and shim it over to stay. May need some washers between the shift fork and the housing, along the shift fork rod.

You can also install a 1-piece passenger side axle shaft from a TJ or XJ, then do away with the shift fork. You just need to use different axle seals on the passenger side.[addsig]

Hello there, All you have to get is a hose clamp.Just remove the housing then take out the c-clips remove the fork, then slide the ring over towards the drivers side and then put hose clamp on the axle.Then you can either make a new cover or just block off those annoying vacuum lines.Not a problem to fix.Also no lever to pull.[addsig]

went out wheelin today and i really like the fact that i dont have to pull a switch to shift from 2 to 4...i was more conserned with whether the vacum line should still go in the motor..i decided just to put a couple of srews in em..[addsig]

the shifter fork is fixed into the engaged position...it vibrates like crazy at highway speed tho...front drive shaft is always spinning.[addsig]

My front driveshaft is always spinning due to a front locker, with no highway vibes. Maybe yours needs balanced, or new u-joints.[addsig]

Back