Saw Something Funny Today!

Tug-n-pull

Was out and about today and came across a good looking Jeep for sale. this Jeep has a completly rebuilt front end under it. New Ball Joints, Tie rod ends the works. It is a 1987 YJ Green, 4 Banger, 5 speed, Flowmaster, K&N filter, 4" Rough Country Lift, CB, Stereo, Bikini Top, Hard Top, 31"x11.5"x15" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws like new, Banging ol Jeep and to beat it all it is my ol Jeezabell! The ol boy that bought turns out to not be a Jeeper after all and after rebuilding the front end he has decided to sell her.

Here is the kicker that struck me so funny! He is asking a grand less than I got for her. I guess Jeeps are not for everyone. I am thinking seriously about trying to buy her back. Aint that a kick in the pants. He will be looseing mony from the purchace price plus the front end work that was done.

Oh well, what can you say! tug

Go for it tug, Youll get jezzabell w/ a new front end, and $1000..........I would if the girl I sold Miss Purple to would fix her and sell her back to me.

Tug,

Go get it! Look at it this way....he borrowed in for a month or so, fixed up the front end a little, and then gave you $1000 just for letting him drive it around!

I'd go for it tug! its probably worth your while....

Go for it tug,like everyone said,he has rebuilt your front end,and wants to give you 1000 bucks!I say go for it!

Let's set back a day or two and see where this goes. He called me a little while ago and ask me "Tell me again how do you put into 4 wheel drive agian" hehehehe Can you believe it he has not even had it in 4wd in all this time. He also came down another 500.00 on the phone with out me even asking. Says he found a motor cross bike he really wants now. Wife said he can not have both so the Jeep has to go.

I just made a major cash draw myself for needs and have not for the wants right now but believe you me I am trying to gather cash ASAP. Woukd love to have ol Jeezabeel back here where she belongs. Said he put a little over $800.00 in the front end and it is tight now.

What to do, If only I was a rich man I would have so fewer problems with my wants. Tug

Do whatever you have to do. From reading many of your prior posts, I know that you loved that YJ, so now you have your chance to get it back, in a little better shape too.

Tug,

Go get her back.......she was obviously never meant to be loved by another man! This will also get you closer to your goal to let Mama Tug have Tugly and you can have Jeezabell.

dreams do come true!!! don't just sit there if he wants you to take her back go get her. i guess Jezebell knows where she belongs, with good ol' Tug!

best of luck,

how much money are we talkin about??? I mean, if you just get it and let it sit around and only drive it every once in a while, then you are still gonna make like 1500 bucks off of the deal if you talked him down another 500. How much did you sell it for???

now's the time to break out all those little things that you know were wrong with it when you had it and try and talk him down some more :wink:

mingez said:
The only thing better than 1 jeep... is 2 jeeps.
Actually the only thing better than 2 Jeeps is four Jeeps.. you know..

One to get muddy,
Two more or less for show,
Three that is rock crawlin' ready,
and four, well just to gloat.

Hee hee hee

~Mel

'79 CJ-5
'79 CJ-5 (no I didn't stutter)
'82 CJ-7
'86 Wagoneer
CJ-5 (the parts b***h)

Tug-n-pull said:
What to do, If only I was a rich man I would have so fewer problems with my wants. Tug

Beg, borrow, or steal, That's what! Well, maybe not the last option. Good luck in getting her back. Bummer that the timing stinks, but isn't that how it always seems to work?

Back