San Andreas

Junkpile

Has anyone else gotten GTA San Andreas for the Playstation2 yet? Or am I the only overgrown kid around here? I'm not what you would classify as a gaming nut or anything, but I do enjoy video games to an extent. I LOVE this one. I didn't think they could really improve on GTA Vice City, but they made it sooo much better without really changing it. If you don't have it yet, get it.

pimping, stealing, dealing, killing.....drive-bys and gang wars....gambling, sex, cussing, illegal street racing......this game has it all :lol:

Sweet, I'll have to score me that one.

I cannot stop playing this game. My roomate bought it the day it came out and i play it way more than he does. If i fail all my classes this quarter then this game is going to be the reason. I highly recommend it to everyone who likes a good video game, especially since this one has the YJ in it. Gotta love the square headlights.

dude the game totally rocks. i didnt think there was much to improve on but after sampling my friends i quickly left to get my own copy. Its great! if your thinking about it and like any of the others you gotta play it. its worth it. Im hooked :shock:

Sully said:
I want it but I got an xbox not a ps2.
no worries man, i'm an xbox person myself, we got HALO 2 to look forward to on tuesday the 9th!! already got mine pre-ordered.

bchcky said:
Sully said:
I want it but I got an xbox not a ps2.
no worries man, i'm an xbox person myself, we got HALO 2 to look forward to on tuesday the 9th!! already got mine pre-ordered.

I cut my losses and got both!
x box and ps2

I got San Andreas the day it came out , not cause I am a huge fan but...cause I was stuck in traffic in Boston near Fenway Park and the soxs just won the world series and I was going no were slow. there is a best buy right there so I park and went in to kill some time, long story short, I bought there last copy!

Very good game better than the other two! graphics are better. in this game you can swim, climb walls and buildings. The cars are slightly more realistic (the game even has a YJ in it) and the radio stations play better music (radio X, soundgarder, danzig, janes addiction, etc...)

The language, that is the only thing I have to complain about! A little too much use of the "N" word, and that does not sit well with me!

oh I was trying to hold off on getting this game, but it looks like I have to get it. I have GTA 3 and Vice City too. I didnt think there was a whole lot to improve on with vice city but it sounds like San Andreas is better. Are there any new vehicles,weapons? lay on the details

i still have yet to play it.. but my little brother is addicted..

are there cheat codes like in the others... it is very fun to toss in a million codes and see the sorts of things you can get yourself into... and out of... that's one thing i loved about the others

as for Xbox and Halo2... I like Halo a lot... but even after playing it a million times.. i cannot get used to the 93 buttons, and their placement on the Xbox controller

Are there any new vehicles,weapons? lay on the details

Lots. There are so many cars, I'm still finding new ones I haven't driven yet. You can customize them too. Lots of everything.....jets, prop planes, four wheelers, like 6 different motorcycles, bicycles, monster truck, farm equipment, lots of boats.....there's a couple of different big rigs you can get, and they're fun on the highways with slower moving traffic.

I got it the day it came out as well. It has to be one of the best games ever. You can do drive-by's with 3 other people in the car, recruit gang members into your gang, and take over other gang's territory. You can't go wrong. I got mine at Toys R us on sale bc they are going out of business. Buy 2 ps2 games get one free! So i got the game with 2 other people for 35 bucks

My 14 year old son Jake is ready for Feb. when it is to be released for X box. I can not even play the new games. Toooooo Many Buttons for me! I still play pong. heheheh tug

Junkpile said:
pimping, stealing, dealing, killing.....drive-bys and gang wars....gambling, sex, cussing, illegal street racing......this game has it all :lol:

so... what yer sayin' is it won't meet the required "E" for everyone rating that we require for my kid's PS2? :lol:

Tug-n-pull said:
My 14 year old son Jake is ready for Feb. when it is to be released for X box. I can not even play the new games. Toooooo Many Buttons for me! I still play pong. heheheh tug

i don't think it'll be out for the 'box.. i believe it is a ps2 exclusive.. i could be wrong

I think Snitty is right, I remember reading somewhere that it's a PS2 exclusive.

YJ wms to wms

an Xbox guy here too. Untill I read this post it looked like just another GTA game. Wish I could get it.
Instead, I just got Mortal Kombat "Deception" yesterday, SWEEET. If there are any MK fans out there, this one has got it all. The conquest mode has been carried over since the last one, but now it's much more extensive as a whole seperate adventure game. Not to metion a "battle chess" mode and some of the old school caracters are back! Havn't preordered Halo 2 yet, but I will get it eventually.

There are in fact Codes that you can enter during game play, I used a couple to get a couple of the race cars and the tank, then I went back on my merry way to play, and I did a mission and saved the game and it told me that I had activated a code and it will change the out come of the game. so... I started the game over and have not used a code.
So I have one saved game with codes entered (but not during missions)
and one game that no codes at all.

I have not gotten too far yet in the game, I have done only 7 missions so I am still begining, but I always take my time, so the game lasts longer!

I finished Vice City and it took me about 8 months of slow game play!
Never finished GTA3 though

Back