rusted tire

lushpupp

just bought new tires for the jeep, sure enough, i go to the back right tire, and now its rusted to shyt and it wont come off... all the lugnuts are off but the tire wont come off, ne ideas?

A BFH would be my first thought.......................heavy doses of PB Blaster and a BFH - and be careful!!! Rust sucks!!!!

get a bfh and lie under the properly supported jeep( aka jackstands and whweel cholks) and have some one slowly rotate the tire in question. tap the tire, not the rim, with the bfh untill the tire pops off. increase the strenght of the hit untill desired result( tire pops off) occurs. i have had this problem often. it works

leave one or two of the lug nuts loosely on when you do it to keep the tire from flying off. use a dead blow hammer.

Keep the lug nuts off, lower the jeep till that tire touches the ground. Lower it a little more and it should free up.

with the lug nuts off, drive turning to the left, it'll come off!

Oh, and BTW, tires don't rust - rims do!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lot's of great suggestions here.......I'm guessing it's off by now.

With the lugs off and the jeep supported properly sit on your butt and kick the tire on one side then the other it will pop right off.

well i havnt tried any of these yet, been waiting for today to do it, no work its not snowing like a mother eff today so we'll see which one works

tried blaster, no luck
tried lowering with lugnuts off, no luck
tried driving on it with lugnuts off, no luck
tried torching it, no luck
tried prying it, no luck
tried kicking it, no luck

got underneath it and bashed the hell out of it with a sledge hammer, great success lol, just needed a good beating to make it come off

That was one stingy wheel. I thought mine was bad. Nice.

The BFH rarely fails!!!!!...................'tho sometimes it leaves things in a mess.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear you got it off!!

I always like the conversation before hand Like "You better Fin come off or i'm going to take #10 and introduce you to him..." then grab the BFH if it don't want to come off, if all fails goto #15, #20 and so on :)

I always like the conversation before hand Like "You better Fin come off or i'm going to take #10 and introduce you to him..." then grab the BFH if it don't want to come off, if all fails goto #15, #20 and so on :)

I enjoy the same similar small talk when things won't cooperate.

Back