round headlights in a 92 yj

DAVES92YJ

I'm new here and am starting to fix up my sons jeep while he is away at college for him. I know he likes the old style jeeps and I am wondering if there is a way to change out an original 92 grill with one from an earlier year - the kind with the round headlights. thanks:?:

I would think that a grill from a TJ would be a better candidate than the CJ grill due to the difference in height dimensions. I could be wrong though. You will probbably need to do some mods on the radiator mounting holes as well.

You need the entire front clip from a CJ, the hood/fenders/grill, to pull it off. There are some slight differences with the grill support/body mount, I think the best setup is to install a 1" body lift on the jeep and leave the body lift off the grill support when using the CJ grill.

If you are just trying to get some brighter head lights in the, that is a great idea.
I have a TJ and did the Hella H4 upgrade, what a change, money well spent.

There is a lot of mods that need to be done for the TJ set up. Battery location, hinges on top of hood are off, the hood shape is different, and more. This best is swaping out to a CJ front clip like the other guy said. Need the hood, fenders, grill, and lights up front. We did it on a freinds YJ and it looks great.

Use a CJ grill & hood. You can keep the YJ fenders but CJ fenders are a little rounder so if you want it to look like a true CJ7 use them. If you do use CJ fenders they will need to be cut at the inside bottom as the frame rails on the YJ are wider. The rubber bushing at the grill to frame cross member (center) will need to be cut in half (+/-) to make it all fit.

Back