Rotor Problems

lethaldose

well i ordered a fresh set of drilled/slotted rotors from summit last week got to stick them on today and they bury into the steering knuckles... so i took some measurements the difference in height is about 1/8 of an inch between the one thats on there now and the new one. so i called summit they checked part numbs and so forth nada... so i went to my local parts store pulled a new replacement rotor off the shelf for 01 wrangler it matched perfectly with the summit rotor but not with the one i pulled off .... also checked durango rotor no match there either....so here i'am is there any diff in rotors on tj's ... the part # list from 97-03 and its a dana 30 i've switched front hub bearings with no trouble along with tie rods and all other goodies so nothing has set an alarm off as being diff until this ??? any ideas guys ?

Try yj or xj rotors older then yours. maybe pre 97

i'm gonna take a look tomorrow at my parts store and give summit a call see if that might do the trick ... any ideas why mine takes YJ style ??

the over all height of my old rotors are pretty damn close to 3" even from back surface to stud flange ... the new rotors are roughly 3 1/8"

I believe its 99-down, and 00-up is the break point on the rotors, they are different by like an 1/8".

well summit has the same part number for rotors even as far back as 92 and as recent as 03 wrangler and XJ .. didnt look at liberty .. i'm going to swing by the parts store again tomorrow and do my final trial run and also call a few dealerships anybody else have any ideas =0\

spoke with two jeep dealers today had them cross ref a few numbers for me they also check service bulls and all that good stuff neither place had ever came into this before so its really not looking good =0( i'm gonna have a buddy that lives close to the dealership stop by and measure the OEM rotors but just thought i'd update give it a bump cause my rotors are toast

I don't know about 01 TJs, but I know 01 XJs came with two slightly different rotors. I know b/c my old roommate bought the wrong ones one time. They were close, but didn't fit quite right, just like you describe.

Back