road rage wrecked my DD today....

ya, I agree with Mud. You should be able to get the money out of him somehow.

You're definatly handling this all very well though. I don't think the guy would be doing so well these days if he had done it to me.

With my Chevy ('74 on 44's....and it's loud and ugly), so many kids try to either "show off" when the're drving next to me on streets, or get pissed off for some unknown reason (just jealous I guess) and act like they want to fight me. I usually just staire at them and they calm down REAL fast. If not, I get out and then they run away.

I've even had so many adults get out and try to start a fight. They think that they're real tough just because they're older than me...which makes it really hard not to just laugh at them!! In those cases....it's usually just a simple "hey, you really don't want to mess with me" that calms them down real fast!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: for robrt-st

88Wrangles said:
ya, I agree with Mud. You should be able to get the money out of him somehow.

Unfortunately, if he's as financially challenged as wm69 says ("doesn't have a pot to piss in"), he most likely won't see much in the way of restitution. Now, on the other hand, if he actually does have insurance, he may be able to sue the insurance company, even though they're refusing to pay the claim. Not very likely, however.

I have a buddy that did some electrical work for a guy and ended up getting stiffed for $500. The judge ordered the guy to pay a dollar a week for 10 years to settle the debt......tell me that doesn't suck! So, my buddy is still getting a check for $1 each Friday from this lowlife, for the next 6 years or so. It was settled in small claims court, so at least he doesn't have to pay a lawyer for the pummelin' his pucker hole is taking.

Toyota 4 Sale ~NJ

[quote="Sparky-WattsI have a buddy that did some electrical work for a guy and ended up getting stiffed for $500. The judge ordered the guy to pay a dollar a week for 10 years to settle the debt......tell me that doesn't suck! So, my buddy is still getting a check for $1 each Friday from this lowlife, for the next 6 years or so. It was settled in small claims court, so at least he doesn't have to pay a lawyer for the pummelin' his pucker hole is taking.[/quote]

I could easily see this happening.....

oh man, that sure would suck. Talk about a major pain having to go to the bank every week and cashing/depositing a check for $1.00...

That would actually be kind of embarrassing...

RE: Re: 95 YJ Hardtop for sale in Boregon and possibly hard

sue his insurance company. His vehicle was insured and they are responsible for a collision that occured by his vehicle. Insurance list collisions, not accidents. You may need a lawyer, and i would sure get one asap.

What insurance company doesn't try to deny any claim that comes their way? Push the issue. If you can't push hard enough, get a lawyer to send them a fancy looking letter.

Back