removal of rear sway bar?

Semper FI

Is it a good idea to remove the rear sway bar from my Rubi? I have been told that it will flex better without it?

Lost my rear sway bar years ago after taking if off. Never went looking for it.11+ years rear swaybar free.

It will have a little more body roll on the street, nothing too bad. You will get used to it. And off road it will frex a lot better.

Thanks. I am not really sure what to do yet. I had a 2001 Cherokee just before I got this Rubi and, I didn't have a rear sway bar on it either. It handled great but I was not sure about the Wrangler.

I've seen TJ's do some really weird, unnerving things without the rear swaybar. You don't need it with a leaf spring suspension but I'd definitely leave it on a coil spring setup. The gain is minimal, but the sway and unloading of the front suspension isn't worth it.

I agree on having them on a coil spring set up.

Yea put that thing back in there and get discos. My buddy removed his on his Rubicon. Borrowed it in July and had to use the highway. That thing was super sloppy and kinda all over the place. Yea, you get used to it and maybe ok with it but that one time when you gotta plant the brakes and swerve, you're gonna wish you had it as you roll over and put you and others in danger.

Is it a good idea to remove the rear sway bar from my Rubi? I have been told that it will flex better without it?

No it is not a good idea. Turning at or above 25 mph becomes dangerous and at highway speeds a quick lane change could result in flipping.

Yea put that thing back in there and get discos.
I've never seen discos for the rear swaybar. The rear swaybar doesn't limit travel enough to matter. What minor amount of articulation it may limit, it more than makes up for in stability on road and off.

Back