Rear leaf spring bushing help!

XJdunnz

I have a 1997 cherokee xj sport trying to replace the rear leaf spring bushings the very rear of the leaf spring. The part I got from oreilly is a moog kit part# sb372 which is to big to fit in the leaf spring, my jeep is apart with no replacement to go in need help!

Anyone have any idea the correct bushing kit I need and where to get it? Thanx in advance.

XJdunnz said:
I have a 1997 cherokee xj sport trying to replace the rear leaf spring bushings the very rear of the leaf spring. The part I got from oreilly is a moog kit part# sb372 which is to big to fit in the leaf spring, my jeep is apart with no replacement to go in need help!

Anyone have any idea the correct bushing kit I need and where to get it? Thanx in advance.

This is the one, to big needs to be just a little bit smaller to fit back into the leaf spring.

Attachments

• image-3504212720.jpg
    image-3504212720.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 742
The bushing does not just slide in there, It needs to be pressed in, or you can take a flat head screwdriver in a bfh and wedge it in at the end of the loop to spread the eye apart then grease up the bushing and pound away. you could also use a vice to press it in. Just trying to put it in buy hand will never work, One more method is to rent a ball joint tool from auto zone but you will need a cheater bar to turn it in. Good luck. And you do have the correct bushing its just a PITA to get in.

Im hoping I have the right parts, I'm gonna try a few of the ideas I've heard today, got the bushings in the freezer and got some dish soap on standby also have a vice hoping to beat these bad boys in tomorrow thanx for the help will keep ya posted on the progress.

Back